Quote Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
chase, just curious ... are you talking about an initial investment of 1000, 5000, 10,000, 50,000 ??
did you set up a coin wallet and bought then sold? or did you buy into a company that holds/sells these coins?

Initial investment I put in was 1250. I didn’t want to get into anything that would risk me losing money that I couldn’t afford to lose. Now, with the dip after removing the 1250, I am at 2700.

I bought bitcoin on Coinbase and transferred to my KuCoin bitcoin wallet, where I buy and sell coins using bitcoin. I never put all my eggs in one basket and originally started with only 50-100 in each coin to keep gains and losses fairly spread apart.

I know my initial investment is probably a lot lower than anything most people would be doing, but at the time, it was a good amount of money I had to spare. My best friend is way more deeply into crypto than myself, and he put 70k (his entire 401k) in last March, which he has also since tripled. We play a few of the same coins, but not all the way. I just didn’t have that much that I was willing to risk.