Quote Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
Ok, back to the economic aspect. I wouldn't say we are quite *yet* on the precipice of disaster economically, BUT I do think if we continue in this current manner where likely only half the economy is functioning, especially for more than 8wks (maybe 12 at the VERY most & that's pushing it soooo far), we could create such a dystopia that is so awful that the cure might not even be worth it. If you understand how economies work it doesn't take a genius to see what is going to happen if we don't fix it.
:/
I agree we are not there yet, and I agree on the timeframe. However, unless you added a cushion into your estimates, as large and as complex as our economy is we need to do something soon so that there is time to fix it. What I mean is if we wait till say it is almost on the brink of collapse there will be to little time to right the ship so to speak. I estimate that even when the economy starts rolling again it will take perhaps 2-3 wks for the effects to actually start healing the damage. I tried to think of a good analogy to put it in simpler terms but alas I cannot. Lol. So if we wait until say the economy is a week away from collapse then it simply will be too little too late. Again not disagreeing with you just further analyzing.