Thread: Cannes FR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Hobbyist (RIP) loveitdou's Avatar
    On our way to our next stop in Greece (Yes the Country LOL). Departed Cannes for a 30+ minute motor and set anchor next to St Marguerite Island just a few miles southeast of Cannes. Had very nice dinner for my guests and the whole crew. First time in a while that I took them all to dinner. The Restaurant is famous among cruisers for it's service and great quality food, called Le Guerite which I think means Guest but who knows. Anyway wonderful food too much wine and a fun ride on my tinder back to the yacht about 500 yards out. One of the deck hands at the helm and way too much wine....he drove right past the yacht, said he didn't recognize it and it was the only one out there. LMAO. I asked one of my stewards (a 30 YO Lady) if she would drive and she took over and maneuvered us expertly right into position to board via the swim platform which we left down, she may have inherited the job permanently, I do give small bonuses for extra jobs so the crew is eager to volunteer. My deck hand didn't mind he was taking a nap. The Captain and I loaded him back aboard and into his bunk. I do enjoy having personal time with my people, we eat together on board and it isn't unusual for 4 bottles of wine to be emptied so there are some very lively stories being told, some which are mine even. O BTW I only had 2 glasses of wine which is my self imposed limit.
    Last edited by loveitdou; 12-03-2018 at 06:07 PM.