Thread: Are you funding the Border wall or ladders? THREAD CLOSED BY CK1942

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Companion Companion PrincessK's Avatar
    Why does everyone act as if illegals only come in from Mexico? That wall isn't going to stop a thing
    * NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPOINTMENTS*

Goofy, what happened to the promise that Mexico will fully pay for the wall??? Admit you knew that was a lie from the jump.
    Also, you didn't answer the question of why we don't build one along Canada? Is it because you think it's citizens aren't a threat
    Here's a couple of links for you Goofy:
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...51e80e37cfa5b2
    https://canadiancentreforaddictions....use-in-canada/
    Canada has a huge drug problem and take a wild guess Goofy of how over 95% of their illegal drugs gets into Canadian streets??? Oh yes, through the U.S- so perhaps Canada should build a wall and have Trump pay for it-see how well that works.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Mr. Wellendowed, we can agree to disagree and still have a friendly discussion on the topic to hear and take in all points of view. We all see things differently and believe different things and for sure interpret what we hear and/or read differently. We are not only diverse in culture/s but in thoughts. Open discussions and listening to all sides is how we learn and grow as a person. We may not agree and we may not be able to change the other persons mindset, but we can still talk to each other as friends. Heck if we all agreed on everything it would be a little boring.

From the start, the very first time it was said, I never took it as Mexico was going to pay for the wall directly, as that would be absurd to think so. I had several discussions with my mother on this topic, she interrupted what she was hearing in the very bias news she chooses to listen to, as the Mexican people in some sort of slave labor way would be forced to build the wall...how she interpreted that from what was actually being said I will never know. I did take it from the first time said, as from the billions we would be saving in the much better America First trade deal with Mexico, would be what could and should be funding the wall. There was an 800 billion trade deficit with Mexico...we we supplementing them 800 billion dollars in the old trade deal...800 billion, that was a bad deal for us big league. But I also later started to see that the hundreds of billions saved from social services and taking care of all the hundreds of thousands to millions of illegal immigrants each and every year, would and could pay for the wall several times over as well as maintain it and provide people to patrol it, plus help with our stuff like our major drug problem here at home. So it could be interpreted or seen as Mexico is paying for the wall. All depends on how you want to look at it.

Are the Canadian people a threat? I do not see thousands upon hundreds of thousands of illegal Canadian immigrants, or even democratic funded Canadian caravans crashing our northern Canadian border and when they get here expecting us to pay for everything they need or want. Or when they can’t get across the border start demanding that we fund them 50k each to go back home. I may be wrong here but just not seeing it.

In regard to the drug addiction in Canada. It is very sad, and just as sad that it is probably the same or even worse here in the USA. That stuff is just too easy to get a hold of and way too addicting and a lot of very bad people willing to get our kids and family addicted to it, only to profit in millions and billions on our kids and family members destruction. There should be no leniency or any mercy for a drug dealer. The two articles you provided point out that Canada is itself a huge producer of drugs and the main suppliers of Canadian drug ingredients is China, India and Mexico. That it is brought in mainly through their airports and coastal water borders...not directly across the US/Canadian border. I am sure it is happening but not the 95% you point out. It says that fentanyl can be ordered online like a book.

I do not catch all of the news but I do not recall any MS13 Canadian gang members, or any illegal Canadians crashing through the northern border by the thousands daily, or any Canadians being deported multiple times over and coming back across our border illegally again and again and killing, or raping our citizens, or shooting our police officers, like that which just happened on Christmas. Perhaps the Canadian border is not as porous as our southern border and no need for a wall as of yet.
    Last edited by Goofy11; 12-28-2018 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Added a sentence and changed a word.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessK View Post
    Why does everyone act as if illegals only come in from Mexico? That wall isn't going to stop a thing
    Because they are crossing the southern border by the thousands to tens of thousands daily...costing us 155 to 254 billion each and every year to make sure they are taken much better care then many, many, many of our own America Citizens. Let’s slow that entry number down and divert all that money saved to helping our own first and then helping others as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy11 View Post
    Because they are crossing the southern border by the thousands to tens of thousands daily...costing us 155 to 254 billion each and every year to make sure they are taken much better care then many, many, many of our own America Citizens. Let’s slow that entry number down and divert all that money saved to helping our own first and then helping others as we can.
    Goofy nothing wrong with us agreeing to disagree, but I honestly don't think the wall will work the way you think it will.
    First you figures of 155 to 254 billion hae been fact checked and proven to be very well inflated- the figure is closer to 50 billion. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy...he-u-s-economy and https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ca-not-n950981
    Also, if you really are serious about saving money and helping our own- How do you feel about the U.S cutting it's defense budget of $618 billion.
    Please give me one valid reason why we spend 618 billion on defense when the next 7 countries China, Russia, Saudia Arabia, India, France, , U,K, and Japan-combined spend 578 billion? Does that not alarm you? However, when you talk to a republican about cutting defense they want to switch the subject. Do you ever wonder why a country like Iran is trying to build nukes? When they see the United States every year spending over half a trillion on military what signal does that send to other nations?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Easy to bypass a barrier.

What is more of a concern to me was when I was listening to the news this morning.
    There are alot of countries putting up barriers on their borders. I was surprised how many countries.
    Most all of them to bar refugees.

And the leader of our country is foaming at the mouth to get one up. By hook or by crook. Lying all the way about it (i.e. Mexico paying for it.)
    I know a few of the above countries have these problems because of the USA messing with their affairs.
    Long rant to the point: we shouldn't have to waste time/effort/money with such things IF we try to straighten out the situation that is causing these mass flights of people. It is always cheaper to fix the underlying (sp) cause of problems than to put a bandage on it.

And it is the decent thing to do.

*pb ramble finished*
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Fair enough we will agree to disagree...

I would imagine our budget differences is largely due to the salary we pay our troops. We pay them in dollars not in cents as you know China, India, and most likely Russia do. The UK, Saudi and Japan are a fraction of the size of the US so you know their budgets are going to be lower. Plus we do a lot and pay a lot for the research and development which is costly but provides a huge advantage. Then we have the labor expenses to build our state of the art equipment like planes, ships and all the other weapons, etc. so that is another huge costs difference. Then in addition to that, we are expected to fund military actions abroad and defend pretty much the rest of the world, which by the way I am ok with provided they contribute to some degree. And then on top of all that we have to add in the inflated numbers to fund Area 51 and the other secret sites we don’t even know about. Also a well funded military means full and active bases in cities helping their economies...

I fully imagine Iran wants to build nukes to kill Americans with out hesitation or even a second thought as they freely and openly chant death to Americans and burn our flag...I believe that’s exactly what they are thinking regardless of our military budget.

I might be wrong here but I feel that if they were saying death to the Russians or Chinese that Iran would have already been squashed by either of those countries, as a clear and present danger to their people. America since becoming a super power has yet to enter a war to claim territory or resources for its own. Probably could be easily done, but that is not who we are, thank goodness. So for a whole country of Iran to be chanting and bill boarding death to America. I see us as pretty dang tolerant of that. Although our last person in charge gave them one heck of a chance by giving them a 155 billion cash midnight darkness top secret do not let the American People know cash fund to start on those nukes they want to use on us.

Maybe the numbers are inflated...but probably not. Each side has reports showing the numbers in their favor. But many reports show that it costs the American taxpayers 70k for each and every illegal immigrant each and every year (which by the way is way more than many Americans Citizens are able to earn a year) and there are 20 million illegal immigrants here today. And that is a low estimation. Plus thousands more are crossing every day. 70,000 x 20,000,000 = 1,400,000,000,000...so even with inflated numbers that you feel I shared, even those might be a little low...

In all honesty I would be willing to vote today to make all of the hard working illegal immigrants trying to better themselves and willing to assimilate to American ways and laws legal right away, today. Simply go to your local city hall and swear in...Immediately assign them a social security card along with a helpful pamphlet on local government and laws and let them earn a living and pay their bills and more importantly pay their taxes! However without even a second thought all those others here for other reasons and are depending or expecting or demanding the government to take care of them, they need to be sent home today. And we without question need to know who is coming across any of our borders...terroist, criminals and gang members need not apply.

All politicians switch the topic to avoid answering questions they do not want to discuss, it’s called a pivot. Heck Pelosi and Schumer kept interrupting the HS Secretary during the White House meeting the other day because they don’t want to hear what the true numbers on the boarder really are. So there’s that.

Good discussion thanks.
    Last edited by Goofy11; 01-06-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    Easy to bypass a barrier.

I know a few of the above countries have these problems because of the USA messing with their affairs.
    Long rant to the point: we shouldn't have to waste time/effort/money with such things IF we try to straighten out the situation that is causing these mass flights of people. It is always cheaper to fix the underlying (sp) cause of problems than to put a bandage on it.

And it is the decent thing to do.

*pb ramble finished*
    This would be awesome if it would work, we have been trying this for decades giving foreign aid in the billions to countries to help them but it is not working for many reason, but mostly because those governments use most of the monies for themselves and very little for their people.

Also we have some of the highest salaries in the world that even at minimum wage they are making huge money and can live here, with taxpayers supplementing their costs, and still send money back and provide for all of their family members back home. It’s almost as good as the California and Alaska gold rush for them. Can’t fault anyone for trying but let’s do it the legal way and get them set up and paying their share of the taxes and not living off the taxpayers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Lets face it. As long as they keep us argueing eith each other the more both parties can screw us!

Try sneaking across a border in Europe or South America and see what happens.