Thread: “Screening” BS

Registered Male (Not Verified) NoFux's Avatar

“Screening” BS

So I have been a “hobbyist” for a while, but I never joined a site because I was always too worried about my real world info. Well...I finally decided to make a profile and make some new friends...only for it to backfire in my face. Saw an ad and number, so I texted, because that’s my habit and I have never thought about shooting a PM first. So I got a text back and we began to discuss our potential visit. Well, she then says that she needs to verify me, and I was okay with that. I said fine and I even made the suggestion of sending her my work badge pic (with some of my RW info) and my business card as well (with pertinent info covered up). Well, she then responds with “anyone can make a badge like that” and says she won’t meet up. Now she has my info and I’m stuck...although she claims to have deleted it.

This is exactly why I don’t make profiles on sites such as this. Although I’m sure many have benefited from it and have made some lasting relationships, my first experience with it has now made me sour and concerned. Sorry to vent like this as a “newbie” but it really frustrates me and now worries me that I went out of my way to offer that info and now I’m here with my dick in my hand. I would NEVER have jeopardized my career if I wasn’t being honest and thinking she was a legit, judging by all her OH2 posts.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, I know...I shouldn’t have offered up my work badge but it has worked for me in the past, yet she requested other more personal social media pages because she didn’t trust my badge info. Fuck me.........
    Last edited by NoFux; 01-06-2021 at 02:12 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD EddyWestside's Avatar
    Yikes. Sorry man. It happens though. Not sure why you think this is any different than the one who agree to see you after you send your info though. I don’t know...maybe that’s just me. Either way, it sucks and I hope it’s just a bump in the road. OH2 is cool...even though they won’t verify me yet!!! (Hint, hint)

Happy hobbying and stay safe.

EW

Verified Hobbyist BCD Adonisman's Avatar
    Rule #1: All Providers lie. Do not believe anything the say. All Johns lie.

Rule #2: if you are not comfortable then do not give out RW info.

Rule #3: Refer to rule #1

i have been hobbying for decades; TER, P411, ASPD, ECCIE, now OH2. have never been asked for real world info. if this is an issue, i would suggest using P411 to help select and communicate with providers. there are some providers i know pretty well and one or two who have real world info about me, not a lot but some. but these are people i know and have known for years. i would not share rw info with anyone, especially considering the personal nature of hobby activities.

any provider who is genuinely thinks they need rw info ... is mistaken. it is their business. i would not argue but i would move on.
    A provider standing in the shadows once said: "I just can't do civvie sex. I'm too fucking spoiled!" (truth)

For ladies who can’t be bothered reading profiles: … old guy … long hair and full beard … not a stud muffin … not every woman’s dream … but polite ... very, very gfe, smooching, cuddling ... more smooching

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonisman View Post

All correct +

Rule #4: Take much of what one reads on the internet with a grain of salt; just because an event/occurrence/appointment is written about doesn't mean it actually happened

What's w all these screening posts. One would think screening to get an appt in Austin is harder than getting accepted to Harvard or Yale.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wolfenstein4096's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFux View Post
    Yes, I know...I shouldn’t have offered up my work badge but it has worked for me in the past, yet she requested other more personal social media pages because she didn’t trust my badge info. Fuck me.........
    I have a bad habit of being too accommodating in general (although I'd never share any work-related info just to get screened). And I've found that I have to be really mindful of what I share before or after being screened. I've never found myself in a situation in which I worried that I might be exposed (except for a recent dumbass decision involving a hotel), but maybe I've just been lucky. I would be careful about giving out your real name, real phone number, primary email address, and any info on where you work, where you live, or what you do for a living. It sucks to have to be so careful, but better safe than sorry. And if any provider asks for more than two references to get screened, I'd walk away.

Another hobbyist on the board gave me some really good (and memorable) advice: always have the Heisman stiffarm at your disposal. Keep a healthy distance between yourself and the women you wish to see, at least until some trust has been established.

Heisman.jpg
    Last edited by Wolfenstein4096; 01-06-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Verified Companion Companion Leslie Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonisman View Post

I personally don’t believe that “ALL” providers or gentlemen in the hobby lie. To me, the hobby is the one place where people can actually be their authentic selves. With no worry about being judged or chastised for personal choices that they make. Do people lie? Sure they do. But it’s no different than the RW. I actually trust my clients more than I trust the men I meet in the RW. Not that I meet many new men in a real world environment. But...if I did. lol :)
    Last edited by Leslie Lane; 01-08-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Adonisman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Lane View Post
    I personally don’t believe that “ALL” providers or gentlemen in the hobby lie. To me, the hobby is the one place where people can actually be their authentic selves. With no worry about being judged or chastised for personal choices that they make. Do people lie? Sure they do. But it’s no different than the RW. I actually trust my clients more than I trust the men I meet in the RW. Not that I meet many new men in a real world environment. But...if I did. lol :)
    You are correct, all of them do not lie, unfortunately 80%-90% do. So I had to protect myself and not believe anything until I could verify it. 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice', new policy.

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER! Passion2015's Avatar
    Never, Ever give RW information out to a provider, especially a picture of yourself. That’s hobby 101