Thread: Where to go for a good steak?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I&#39;m in town for a few days for SXSW and am bored stupid in this hotel room. Any suggestions on a good steak place? Price is inconsequential, but it needs to be someplace casual (dressing up for me is wearing jeans instead of shorts <_< ). I&#39;m staying around 35 and 183.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

Verified Hobbyist BCD geniusman's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dartstexas @ Mar 13 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;m in town for a few days for SXSW and am bored stupid in this hotel room. Any suggestions on a good steak place? Price is inconsequential, but it needs to be someplace casual (dressing up for me is wearing jeans instead of shorts <_< ). I&#39;m staying around 35 and 183.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.[/b]

Texas Roadhouse and Texas Land and Cattle

I&#39;ve heard great things about RuthChris and Sirloin Stockade and Outback Steakhouse

Not terribly close to you but one of the best is Austin Land and Cattle 12th and Lamar.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ezman @ Mar 13 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not terribly close to you but one of the best is Austin Land and Cattle 12th and Lamar.[/b]
    I have to second that... Austin Land and Cattle has some great steaks. http://www.austinlandandcattlecompany.com/

And jeans are fine to wear there. It&#39;s a dress up or down, we don&#39;t care, kind of place.

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Question

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It looks like Austin Land and Cattle is the one, but I&#39;m probably going to have to wait till Sunday. I just called and was told that the wait time was at least an hour. That would look pretty pathetic, waiting for an hour in a nice resturaunt by myself.

Oh well what should I expect for a Saturday night with SXSW in town :blink:

I will definitely go there before I leave and let you know how it is.

Thanks again!!

RETIRED
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dartstexas @ Mar 13 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. It looks like Austin Land and Cattle is the one, but I&#39;m probably going to have to wait till Sunday. I just called and was told that the wait time was at least an hour. That would look pretty pathetic, waiting for an hour in a nice resturaunt by myself.

Oh well what should I expect for a Saturday night with SXSW in town :blink:

I will definitely go there before I leave and let you know how it is.

Thanks again!![/b]
    I was there last weekend and my 45 minute wait was only 15 minutes. They do take reservations.
    I&#39;d make one anywhere they accept them for the next 3 weeks.
    With all the revenue it brings to Austin SXSW also brings long lines in clubs and restaurants. Not to mention traffic and parking!
    Tess
    Damn glad to be here!
    Visit My Website TopshelfTess.com
    PM or P411 for info.....Screening required!.....Sorry no newbies!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thanks Tess, I didn&#39;t even think to see if they took reservations. I&#39;ll call them tomorrow and make a reservation for Sunday.

Traffic was TERRIBLE all day. I attributed it to the rain, but I&#39;m sure that SXSW had a lot to do with it.

They also have a bar that serves the full menu, if you have trouble getting a table. A good steak, and BS&#39;ing with a cute bartender... that&#39;s pretty good in my book when I&#39;m traveling.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thanks for the suggestions, Austin Land and Cattle was REALLY good and I ended up not having to go alone. Had a very nice time with a lady I met at SXSW, so it wasn&#39;t weird going by myself.

Thanks again!

Registered Male (Not Verified) RALPHEY BOY's Avatar
    Eddie V&#39;s is not to far from your hotel, there are 3 steak house in the Domain shopping center.

Exclamation

The Cool River Cafe is another excellent place to get a steak, it&#39;s so good and not too far from you (Parmer & Mopac). I also like Texas Land and Cattle, the medallion kabob is da&#39; bomb!

Happy eating;)
    Lily Anne White
    Independent Private Companion
    Please visit my website: http://lilyannewhite.com