Quote Originally Posted by amazingalannah View Post
Why does it matter whether it's something that I read online or a book? How is it any less credible because it's online? Were you there whenever people wrote the books that you read? Can you 1000% without a shadow of a doubt back up every single thing that you read in a book? No you can't at least not most of the time. It really irks me when people say that I don't understand. So if I believed everything that I read in books would that make it any better?
That is amazingly ridiculous. Prior to the internet enabling anybody to post anything in whatever authoritative manner they want to, people only had so many options for getting their opinions published. Without a lot of money, they only way to get published was to work with an editor and a publisher who vetted your "facts" and decided whether it was worthy of being published. Online publication lacks credibility because, well, because the ease with which people can post unbelievable tripe online has overcome reasonable people's ability to be persuaded.