<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trader Jack @ Feb 15 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
IMHO I have to agree for the most part. I do not know as much about some of these presidents as I do others, but for the most part I think they were "spot on." I think Reagan should be #4 or #5, but where he is listed is fine. I also think Nixon and GW should be a little lower.

I also think our current president has, because of circumstances, an opportunity to be on either list.

TJ ;)
[/b]
For the most part those were excellent observations! As for our current President, he has the opportunity to rank with the best of them. If you look at most of those ranked in the top tier, they took over during difficult times in our nations history and left the country much better than they found it. Obama clearly has that opportunity. On the other hand, if the country continues to flounder it could just as easily leave Obama at about the same level, or lower than Jimmy Carter.

As for Nixon, there is no doubt that Watergate is the first thing that historians will think of when they rank his years in office. With that said, there were accomplishments made during his administration that can not be ignored. I would personally rank him in the lower half but not in the bottom 10. I would rank Reagan in the upper half but probably not quite as high as this poll has put him.

As for Buchannan, Pierce, Van Buren and Harrison, I do not know much about any of them. But if they were worse than GW they must have been f*^king awful!! :unsure: