Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
Right before the hurricane half of the bridge had fell in the water while people were fishing & so they had closed it! Then the hurricane hit the bridge and they closed it for good! So many good memories on that bridge wish there was a way to get it back!

I’ve been fishing but haven’t caught anything spectacular but did learn I can’t park on the levy and fish lol oops !

Honestly right now it’s ridiculous with all the wanna be fishing people it’s getting frustrating even people I know who have boats are getting aggravated because of the influx of people ! Hopefully they go back to work soon and I get my fishing spots back lol!

Have you ever fished at the Texas city dike ?
I've fished the dike a few times, but always get hung up on the rocks. I went to Seawolf Park pier on Monday and was king of the pier.....when you count big hardheads. I use a double drop leader made of piano wire, 2 hooks, and a big weight with cut sand trout. One hit I had was a huge one and I was hoping bull red or big black drum. Actually I had two 4 pound hardheads on the same leader. We had to get the net for that big mess. Hardheads=snot sharks.

I'm a bit upset at Galveston Fishing Pier (91st) because they allow their 'cliques' to do practically anything they want to do in the surf rod areas at the T. It's dog eat dog at the surf rod area at the T head.