Quote Originally Posted by KaiHTX View Post
Well I just found out that it was from a girl that actually works at the McDonald’s close to where I live. And she was going to try to extort money from me and she had her coworker bring it to me so I wouldn’t know who she was. I understand all your points and I respect them trust me. And also basically the reason why I wrote it was to let the gentleman that I have in this phone if for some reason they got an out of line text for me that it wasn’t me. But I could see where you guys are saying that I should’ve covered my ass differently and I respect that.
This scenario is why I recommend a SIM card lock. Visit the nearest store front of your cellular service provider or dial 611 for assistance setting one up. Moreover, I strongly recommend the protonmail app as it can be used to protect your hobby email contacts by a fingerprint and a passcode. This could buy you some time to locate your phone and make a deliberate decision to remotely wipe your phone. I also recommend backing up your phone to a computer on a regular basis in case you intentionally or an unauthorized user accidentally wipes your phone. In this way you will not lose a significant amount of information if you have to wipe your phone remotely. Lookout and other apps can send out digital flares before the battery dies as well as track your phone while in use. Visit the nearest Apple Store for assistance to password protect or compartmentalize individual apps that contain sensitive information. Develop a contingency plan to help minimize damage to your business reputation as well as impliment a notification process to warn any clients or business associates who may have a need to know. Stay safe. It's a jungle out there!

Westley aka Whisky_1 (eccie)