Quote Originally Posted by risn2theoccasion2 View Post
What would be nice is knowing the Apps that are the most safe, and secure. I currently use GV.
I'll do a write up on this shortly. Not just apps but pros/cons, best methods, best practices....

Quote Originally Posted by coitusmaximus View Post
I'd stay the furthest away from GV over all of them. Not only is google known for data collection in general (not specific to voice), but it also integrates with so many parts of all phones it's better to look at something else. Some google searches can provide lots of data on better apps, but for what it's worth, I'm a fan of Burner.
I have a few reasons I don't like the idea of a burner as well as a virtual option. However, I do agree about GV as a "possible" problem.

Not so much data collection that could be problematic, the real issue, which coitus mentioned, is the heavy integration in phone's.

So, if you are not highly technical, or at least very careful, you could have primary account(s) & "anonymous" account(s) bleeding over into each other such that you accidentally expose info you don't want others seeing (like wife, kids, gf, friends....).

I'll make another reply on this when I have time to fully explain as well as do some additional research.