Thread: WTF Houston?!?!?! Is this acceptable?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD
    thats interesting, anyone had any ghosting experience with kayla pink? i asked about getting together last week, didnt get back to me until today, decided on a timeframe for tonight, and has been no response ever since. not sure if shes always like that or just singling me out. i typically dont care about these things but since this topic was being discussed, might as well get some insight so i can just ignore her going forward. i recall her acting like this on eccie as well too.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Appears as if you are doing everything politely expected, OP. I am sorry you encountered this only in Houston, as it does occur in every city and on BOTH sides of the Hobby coin. I have been ghosted repeatedly over the years in multiple regions, and especially maddening if I've incurred expenses in travel and lodging that cannot be recouped. No, it's not acceptable, but it is also likely unavoidable, a side effect of our pursuit that we all must deal with, alas and heavy sigh.

Sympathy on the frustration, sir. As part of good TCB and common courtesy, everyone deserves to at least be told in advance, "No, sorry, I can't see you today." As stated above, NCNS reports are appropriate here in Coed IF firm arrangements are made and confirmed and after an appropriate interval has been allotted for reasonable explanation of why the meet didn't take place.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 07-31-2019 at 09:36 PM.

hosting incalls in Willowbrook/NW Houston
    Very disappointing :/

Sorry to hear that. Happens to me as a provider more often than Id like as well unfortunately...

did she ever end up getting back with you?? admittedly I’ve screwed up a couple or so times and made a scheduling error or something and inadvertently missed an appointment or been late and had to reschedule but even if it’s a little late I always make sure to ackowledgge my mistake and offer a discounted rate session to apologize for the error... not ideal but i think if you fuck uo (no one is perfect) that you should at least attempt to make it right.. even if the person gets mad or whatever in my opinion nothing feels shittier than just being flat out ignored; it makes you feel like your time and effort isn’t worth anything and is being disrespected ... and none of us deserve that.
    Last edited by ARIEL BLISS; 07-31-2019 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Several typos YIKES
    🎀Ariel Bliss🎀

Retired Hobbyist (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by razaq View Post
    thats interesting, anyone had any ghosting experience with kayla pink? i asked about getting together last week, didnt get back to me until today, decided on a timeframe for tonight, and has been no response ever since. not sure if shes always like that or just singling me out. i typically dont care about these things but since this topic was being discussed, might as well get some insight so i can just ignore her going forward. i recall her acting like this on eccie as well too.
    I am actually spending the night with Kayla pink tonight bro but I will say she did have issues going on in her life and i have expressed to her that she needs to be vigilant on her time........

Dont be so quick to judge....

Verified Hobbyist BCD Midniteluvher's Avatar
    As previously stated, sadly its a part of the game. I can honestly say I've been ghosted the last 3-4 times I attempted to hobby.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thank you to all for the constructive replies. It’s sad that this happens to both the ladies and the men. And as Fancy mentioned, what is frustrating is the financial loss as well. Time, effort, fuel, traffic, tolls, etc.

I agree with mathguy about the scheduling thing. I don’t like to schedule way in advance either. I could have had a real shitty day, and now I’m supposed to get myself in the mood?

I’m still not gonna call anyone out. At the end of the day, there could be extenuating circumstances that caused this to happen for the ladies involved and they apparently don’t treat everyone like that because they are well established providers with a good record. I’m also not looking for an apology discount. I’m just looking to have a good time, get laid, and not have to work so hard for it. If I have to work this hard for it, I might as well just go home.

Million dollar idea... someone develop a scheduling app where providers can post their availability and hobbyists can book with them. If one, or the other, flakes on the agreed appointment, then that party gets blocked from using the scheduling app for a small period of time. Then, just like Southwest Airlines shows, we can see a providers (and hobbyist as well) on time rating and also their no-show, or cancelation, rating. This would be for both the hobbyist and providers benefit. If a hobbyist is notorious for running late, or extremely late, or flakes altogether, a provider can make a decision to not see that hobbyist. If the hobbyist knows that a provider is flaky (or vice versa) but wants to take a chance them anyway, then they can. I’m sure there’s more that can be done, but there you go. Someone make it happen. I’d buy that for a dollar.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    It's not just part of this game, it's become a part of society. We all hide behind computer screens and handhelds. We've learned how to get our messages across in 140 characters or less. We've learned to express sympathy or empathy by posting an emoji on someone's "page". There is very little personal interaction. Hell, people are getting away from even doing their own grocery shopping. I know some people who have severe anxiety over going to HEB because they might run into the neighbors and have to have a personal interaction with them.

In my business I get extremely frustrated because people won't return phone calls. Even my vendors. My old CPA got to where they refused to have a phone conversation, they wanted everything in email.
    I fired my CPA, I've fired other vendors because the wouldn't return phone calls. I mean, I'm not expecting to be treated with some kind of urgency all the time but if I'm trying to give a vendor my money I at least expect them to behave in a way that makes me believe they appreciate the opportunity to take it from me.

In other words we've distanced ourselves from dealing with emotional issues, conflict, uncomfortable situations by first taking away, or at least minimizing, the emotion or discomfort(it's difficult to properly convey with black letters on a white page, not everyone is an author) and when distancing isn't enough we just ignore it and hope for the best. Those of us who remember a time before fax machines get it. Those who don't think it's normal.
    boardman ~ Often imitated, never duplicated.
    Part time hobbyist.
    A good session includes these essentials: GFE, DFK, BBBJ, BLS, DATY, FIV, MPCFS and Enthusiasm.
    Enhancers: DATO,TUMA, FIA, Toys, CIM, dirty talk. I'm open to role play or hearing anything you'd like to try.
    I'm not going to ask for greek. If you want it then we can give it a try. MSOG is not expected unless it is an extended session(usually doubles).
    P411 is current with 30+ OKs

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    I have to admin that I also lament the days when people actually TALKED and not just texted each other, and when a handshake was as good as a paper contract. Will we someday become a reclusive society out of a science fiction story, only getting together to mate until clone technology is perfected? That's no fun!

This is an excellent thread and helpful info to BOTH guys and gals...

Guys, the 'ghosting' happens... and IMHO - it's RUDE and disrespectful... symptomatic of a low Q provider...

just communicate ladies, how difficult is that...??

Something like "...so sorry love, butt I can't meet up like we planned... it's a personal reason... butt, I'll give you an EXTRA great sesh, if you'll plz gimme another chance sweetie - kiss kiss kiss... GTG TTYL"

Even if that's all BS, 'tis much better than 'crickets'...

Gents... sharing is caring. OP, take your info to the men's locker room if you are concerned about sharing in this forum.

If she went 'crickets' on you, she may do this frequently and other gents will chime in on that...

or it could bear out that this did happen only to you...

and if this continues to happen (only to you) maybe YOU - or your technique - IS THE PROBLEM! IJS

Sooo ladies, plz do all you can to keep your appointments, cancel (early) if need be... and communicate.

Decent guys will be disappointed - butt will give you a pass.

GENTS - KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENTS too!

Cancel if need be - butt 'ghosting' is especially disrespectful to the provider that is trying to run her life and biz this way...

If you must cancel, text early... otherwise keep your appointment.

All the best...

Sharing is caring...

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Talking....long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
    I have to admin that I also lament the days when people actually TALKED and not just texted each other, and when a handshake was as good as a paper contract. Will we someday become a reclusive society out of a science fiction story, only getting together to mate until clone technology is perfected? That's no fun!
    Fancy you are 100% right. I must be about your age. 15 to 20 years ago you never do a date without a phone call to establish communication and some kind of rapport.

Now, when I call I get a text asking why I called, and that response even when call after 10 texts I get no response on a scheduled appointment where I’m sitting in my car waiting. You are 100% correct and this is ridiculous. It’s a generational thing, they equate texting with talking and it is not. I miss the old days. When dinosaurs roamed the earth

Great point!

Sent you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by razaq View Post
    Last edited by Guest 110119-1; 09-10-2019 at 11:21 PM.