Quote Originally Posted by Smiley28txaspd View Post
Unfortunately I have gone through earlier this week, and I'm happy the topic has been brought up again. In my case I wasn't told that she has a NO AA policy, or as she put it when I got to the door "Colored" people. I've been around the hobby along time, and I guess I fall in the category of an educated professional who respects every womans preference. Its her body so its her rules. If your screening some one and an all you say is no BB and no Greek, spoken on the phone with them, contacted their references. It's an eye opener to get greeted at the door and called colored...

Set your preferences and avoid these encounters, that way there is no reason to discuss this issue of showing up and everyone being surprised.
Sorry for that experience bro. Yes, you mention an edge case scenario. One in which you only spoke on the phone and she didn't gather enough data. You obviously must not "sound black" (let's be objective here people, not babies, that's not a racist statement). As you said you are a professional? Maybe you don't have the typical accent of a black man. No that doesn't mean you don't speak ebonics. Many, many don't. Many many many. But many black people still don't sound like white people. Just like many Hispanic people don't. Or many other races. Depending on where they grew and what language they spoke. No that also doesn't mean you have to sound like the completely stupid ass stereotypical white guy joke that black comedians do. Some black guys have extremely high pitched voices. Some white guys or Hispanic guys have very deep voices. MANY do. I do. Not like huge deep but manly. There is a certain pitch and twang on the trail end of words in black culture (usually). Very much like you would pick up on any accent.

But because of the above there are times a black guy won't be recognized by using only the phone. If you sound like Bryant Gumble or Barak Obama no one would ever know.
This is why a girl should really ask for screening questions if she doesn't already know you and she has preferences. She doesn't have to even say why.

For example, the girl collects: Age, height, weight, race, profession, tattoos?, brief description of yourself.

She doesn't have to get back to you, or she can simply say you didn't meet her screening guidelines, or that she doesn't have any time right now, or whatever. Anything.. She doesn't have to say exactly why. That's a huge list with lots of details. It could be any of those items.

Trust me there are girls who don't post this preference in their ads, they don't typically like black guys (typically), or sometimes other races too, but they will still see them. Sometimes it's because things were great on the phone or they saw a picture and they were attracted or they really like the sound of your voice, etc etc....

I know girls like this. Friends of mine. Actual friends of mine (no I don't mean friends like a friend on this site or a fake FB friend).

-mg