Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
Hey MG, I have seen the Good Rx television commercial where the Pharmacist tells the waitress, with 2 little kids, her son's prescription will be $67. The waitress says she doesn't have that and is about to leave and the Pharmacist says "Wait, have you heard about Good Rx?" It went from $67.00 to $8.90!! MAN!! that's a savings of 87%!!! What a nice Pharmacist lady!!!

So what are you talking about MG? Of course the Pharmacist can tell you about cheaper alternatives. I saw it on television and you know they would not lie or deceive you on television!!! MG, here is a link to the commercial so you can be a believer to!!!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/deas/goodrx-...eeds-this-drug

BTY, I'm looking to meet some nice ladies on OH2 that I can get an 87% discount with. Oh, maybe I can also catch one of these Unicorns I keep hearing about on here as well.
Doc, I'm guessing your simply jesting with me about the crooked nature of some of these TV commercials? Hehe

Some can give you info. It's not like an absolute hard and fast rule, or law, no. It depends on the pharmacy. But the big chains usually cannot. In fact, try to get a big chain to use your phone to lookup goodrx, or any other discount pricing. They almost never can. They will say, "I'm not allowed to do it for you.". It's usually in their contracts with the insurance and/or the pharma companies.

Now, that said, some of them are allowed to provide info if you straight up ask them, "is this the best or cheapest price, is there an alternative?". However, many of them, especially the big ones, if you don't do that they simply cannot offer the advice. I'm telling ya, it's a damn racket

Oh, btw, I just mentioned GoodRx bc I happen to use it some. I'm not at all affiliated with or gain anything whatsoever by mentioning their name. Just a little disclaimer.