Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
A first time offense is a class B misdemeanor. I don’t see anyone doing jail time on a class B misdemeanor if they hire an attorney that knows anything about criminal law. If everyone keeps their mouth shut, a good attorney could obtain a dismissal. So don’t go getting everyone panicking just yet Bro.
We see the world from significantly different vantage points. My intent was not to cause panic but share knowledge that could possibly impact the decision making processes of some oh2 members. If I said anything that was untrue please correct me because what one does not know can have adverse consequences.

Different civilian jurdistictions have different laws, enforcement priorities and policing methodologies. Informal and formal military justice are usually leveraged by self-rightous authoritarian types (assholes). Moreover, there is a top down push for active and retired members are held accountable in the military court system for rapes, sexual assaults and other sexual misconduct they commited on active duty. Especially, if the victim has received a VA or DOD disability rating and compensation as a result. Secondly, some people are not simply not capable of keeping their mouth shut or have the financial ability to hire an good attorney.

Prosecutors tend to be very good at leveraging plea bargining to secure convictions even if a individual is not guilty. The irony is that a good lawyer like good pussy is rarely free. Last of all, not every arresting officer and prosecutor is ethical or assigns a higher priority to the administration of justice than generating revenue. Sex workers are typically considered low hanging fruit by police and prosecutors. So don't panic. Just be aware of what is at stake. Adjust decision-making processes and business practices accordingly.