Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone feel the same way?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Txhunter66's Avatar
    H-E-B is where it’s at. Great meats, their own branded items, good prices, and last but not least fresh warm butter tortillas.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Get use to it and possibly getting worse

Crime Baby - Crime Baby

Walmart cant take it anymore

Kroger is experiencing the same at night - they close at 1am -

I dont even stop at Gas Stations late Night

It takes 2 sec's for someone to see someone alone putting gas in when you are the only one at the station - to pull in and jack you up..

- - - Updated - - -

HEB also closes at 11pm

Verified Companion Companion Tesstulip's Avatar
    Yes I'm on board too . It was covid it changed our life's no dought . Good bad and indifferent .. things change.. and usually for the best... of the times it's changing in . I do think people steal all the fucking time . From store s online . .. a on and so on. Hell
    neighbors steal from neighbors . That's one thing that I know won't change . And one thing that personally I can't stand don't care where it's from or who's doing it .can't stand a theif

Verified Hobbyist & "Counselor" for new reviewers BCD GeorgeDRII's Avatar
    Shop at HEB for your groceries IJS. No matter if you're a night owl or not. You won't regret it. The meats are only from right here in Texas. The HEB headquarters is right here in San Antonio where it all started plus the prices are the best around.

The theft, loss of money and over spenditure that Wal-Mart was incurring was horrendous and cost ineffective. So the 24 hours had to be cut out.

Buy healthy foods also at Trader Joe's as well. You just have to kick those night owl habits unless you're hobbying. But groceries are typically set now for daytime shopping into late evening only.
    For new hobbyists, look at the link below for an example of a well written review. Remember you are not able to see his ROS. However, you're able to fill in one on your own reviews.

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...rainy-day-play

If you run into the review gremlin, click on the link below for the template:

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...ns-workarounds

For all new members joining the site check out the information on the link below:

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...p-Verification!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Wal-Mart is great if you want to get shot to death in the parking lot by a 13 year old trying to jack your car. Happened to the owner of the C-store where I used to get gas. Cool older gentleman. Had a degree from the London School of Economics. We had some interesting conversations about him ending up owning a C Store in South Texas. Guess he's here to stay. The 13 year old will probably run for Congress, Senate, and the President and win all of them. Truth.

P.S.: It happened about 2:30 PM on a Sunday afternoon at the newest Wal-Mart in town, built a few years ago because crime rates were low in my part of town. When the neighbors did the usual denial thing (Bad things don't happen in our neighborhood, etc...) I reminded them of the rich MD's son that owned the big house at the end of the cul-de-sac who let 2 overseas MDs operate an illegal clinic (house not zoned or approved as a medical office) just so he could dip into the pharmaceutical samples and take orders all weekend long. He was busier than 100 GrubHub drivers after a Greatful Dead concert. When shocked neighbors replied that they didn't know anything about that, I told them that Texas has a special vanity plate just for them that started with, "VICTIM#".

Crime happens everywhere, especially in high end neighborhoods where people have nice things.
    Last edited by F117; 06-10-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Verified Companion Companion Carmella_love's Avatar
    I was so excited to have an HEB opening a lot closer to me. Every other one was more than an hrs drive. The variety and quality is well worth the hype! I fell in love the moment I entered the produce section ��

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDRII View Post
    Shop at HEB for your groceries IJS. No matter if you're a night owl or not. You won't regret it. The meats are only from right here in Texas. The HEB headquarters is right here in San Antonio where it all started plus the prices are the best around.
    Actually, HEB originally started in Corpus Christie. They moved their headquarters to San Antonio back in the 90's. It was big news back then. Then later they fought off a big challenge from Kroger who tried to move in and muscle in on their territory. It took a few years but Kroger finally had to close all their stores here and leave. They had no idea how strong and entrenched HEB was.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    West of Weird in beautiful Dripping Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
    Actually, HEB originally started in Corpus Christie. They moved their headquarters to San Antonio back in the 90's. It was big news back then. Then later they fought off a big challenge from Kroger who tried to move in and muscle in on their territory. It took a few years but Kroger finally had to close all their stores here and leave. They had no idea how strong and entrenched HEB was.
    And now H‑E‑B is invading Kroger territory in DFW.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2