Quote Originally Posted by SpencerTracy View Post
This article I think confuses commercial real estate trends that exist nationally for tech companies with some sort of "exodus". I do think Austin is having growth issues leftover from the California exodus for cheaper housing that temporarily overinflated housing prices, but it's biggest problem for lack of growth in the near term I think is going to be political with the Ken Paxton/Katie Cox stuff and overly conservative law overreaches. Can't be the "go to" hot place for young tech workers when your girlfriend won't move here for fear of Handmaid's Tale results. I know several high income people with daughters/wives that have left Texas for this very reason. And tech will be at the forefront of that when workers can live almost anywhere there is an internet connection. There will be a lot of companies with Texas HQ that are HQ in name only, not bringing the jobs that used to exist with a HQ now that Zoom meetings are a thing.
You think women want to leave Austin because they can not get convenient abortions, is birth control really that difficult?