Thread: Found an issue with the search function on the site...

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Found an issue with the search function on the site...

First of all, I just wanted to thank the admins for stepping in to fill a void for all of us hobbyists with this site... I assure you it is greatly needed and appreciated by everyone!

Unfortunately there is one problem I've noticed... I don't know if anyone has already pointed this out, but it appears that the site has a limitation so that you can only search for terms that are more than three letters long. I just attempted to do a search for the term "PSE" and got the following message:

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: PSE"

Unless there's a way for the admins to eliminate that limitation, it's going to make it difficult if you want to do a search for certain activities (i.e.: GFE, PSE, LFK, DFK, CIM, COF, FIV, FIA, CG, CFS, BBJ just to name a few...)

Has anyone found a workaround for this...? Or perhaps there is a way for the admins to change the settings for the entire forum site to allow searches for these acronyms that we all use...?

Respectfully,
    Easy

Retired Site "Guide"
    Be careful what you search for. If you type in 'GFE' you'll get every post I've ever made. I don't think you want that.