BTC has a limited number of coins that can be mined which is 21 million and 18.6 million have already been mined and the estimate is it will take a heluva long time to mine the remaining 2.3 million coins.

The BTC software (open source) and white paper for BTC have been favorably vetted by a host of embedded software and CFO types so it is the real deal.

On the other end of the spectrum is Doge which can generate an unlimited number of coins and was considered a joke upon inception.

Right now money is flowing out of BTC into the newer crypto currencies as it's the wild west out there with pump and dump and more pump and dump.

There is market concern over the provenance of specific BTC as the Chinese mined coins are considered to be "Blood Coins" meaning they were mined without regard to environmental impact.

Ripple was taken off exchanges like CB as the SEC ruled it was not a crypto but a security.....I loaded up on it when it plunged as it's becoming a standard payment for certain international funding transactions.

SEC might declare all Crypto a security as the current SEC boss says no but Biden SEC regulators might have a different view.

I buy the dips on BTC and a bit of ETH along the way but Crypto will destroy Fiat currencies down the road......this is a big cross road and many will take the wrong fork.