<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2Dogs @ Jan 20 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am in the market for a new vehicle.
I want to buy a SUV but one that gets decent gas mileage. I dont really need to tow anything with it or haul a lot of weight but i want the room, comfort, and visibility that the SUV offers.

I have a Tahoe with damn near 175k miles and I will keep it for my tow vehicle when meeded plus i have my company truck. The problem is finding a vehicle that is big enough with enough power to get out of its own way yet gets decent mileage and doesnt cost as much as my house to buy.

I would prefer an American made SUV but there really are no good deals out there right now and the inventory sucks. Even the Toyotas inventory sucks for the ones i would be interested in.. I really dont want a Chryselr product since there is no telling if they will stay in business, then there is GM which I opposed the bail-out that didnt do anything and they filed for bankruptcy anyeaay which they should have done in the first place but buying GM could help the country out but what has been done is done.

I guess I will just hang on to my cash for now. I would consider ordering a vehicle IF they would get real on the price.

Any suggestions out there.[/b]
Depends how much you want to spend. The Ford Escape Hybrid is a quick answer to domestic SUV with reasonable MPG, but you are looking at about $32k. Other than that, the Chevy Equinox and Terrain have received OK write-ups. These run mid 20&#39;s. Lastly a Chrysler product in the Jeep Patriot Sport, you can get under 20k.