Thread: How should this site be promoted?

Verified Male Companion AidanRedd's Avatar
    For the sake of community and what's good for everybody,

I was just wondering who might still be checking this board even when ASPD is up and running. Back in '06, I first heard about ASPD from an ad on CL promoting ASPD, that's all it did what promote ASPD. Since then, I have turned both ladies and men on to the site.

Should this site be more "under the table", or should it be made more available to the masses?

For anyone here that doesn't know, this site is not affiliated with ASPD. I think that screening and vouching may be better here. Sometimes we have to build our foundation today for the house we are gonna live in 6 months from now.

What do you think about how this site should be promoted on a larger scale?

Glad you brought this up, Aiden, as currently, I'm torn about this topic. I appreciate the more private, "friends only" membership access in respect to lessening concerns about public interest by LE and curiosity seekers. However, without "new blood", the forums become stale, ladies rotations lengthen and the communities creativity and growth is stunted. It's certainly in our best interests to continue a vouch-based membership for a while until things settle back into a groove. With our "home" board - aspd is our roots, ya' know - in transition, this board will experience similar patterns of activity.

One thing we all agree on... It's a "home" of sorts and requires a foundation built of strong contributors to continue. Let's try to keep it quality and without some of the "hidden agendas" becoming more prevalent of late. The cliques/alliances I've witnessed of late aren't necessarily to my liking and I feel are insidious in their negative impact on the community. Not time to elaborate on this now, but something to pay attention to if you're a loyal to our cities hobby scene.

Love ya'...
    Kat
    The hobby is an investment in your time & money and my time & reputation. My dedication to your satisfaction is what keeps you singing my praises!

April 2011: Available NOW for FBSM/L1/L2 in south Austin near Downtown. ONLY accepting new clients w/ verifiable references or trusted referrals/vouches. If you've seen me in the past, you're good to go! NO reviews please!

Well now that eccie.net is doing pretty good... maybe we can make this an alternate site for them too? Or maybe once we meet a new gent from another site refer them here? If we did that im sure at least 2-3 new people would come aboard daily... who knows.

Verified Companion Companion PeAcH's Avatar
    I think word of mouth from our ASPD members has been pretty effective. I have gotten a few email reminders of these two websites, so keep it up! We'll be together again soon!
    Looking for a kinky nerd? Look no further!
    PeAcH P411

My 50+ ECCIE Reviews

I feel more comfortable keeping this board more secluded. While I am on eccie now, it seems like it was way too easy to get there. Let's not forget the events in Houston just prior to Amber's passing. I would much rather be on one public, advertised board (eccie) and one more UTR (home2) board.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    No board can truly be UTR nor impenetrable either.

Home2 has more than 6,700 members right now, and we expect perhaps another 5,000 in the next few months. These are all more or less very active members from aspd and elsewhere.

The best way to grow this place is with quality "recruits" and y'all are the main "recruiters."

Frankly I expect many folks here to be members elsewhere as we all try to manage the scarce bandwidth of information when aspd has its final gasp.

= = = = = =

For those who have asked why I have not posted lately at aspd, my access at aspd a couple of days ago was restricted by angelimnot for "she has her own reasons" and I really feel sorry for her and her family for being so petty and treating anyone who gave thousands of hours freely to the site (but I did it for the members, not the site).... and if anyone thinks I could possibly the thief who stole Amber's or the family's treasures, well, think again.

Yes, in the early years a couple of sponsor providers gave me their bucks to send to Amber's p.o. box. And a couple of gents the same for paid bcd. Reluctantly I accepted those dollars and then purchased money orders to mail to Houston. I never wanted to be any part of ownership nor management nor appear to be a pad "agent" for the enterprise due to my continuing security clearances, even following my Navy retirement. And my civilian employ requires "bonding" which also means my taxes and other data are surveyed periodically.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - POSTPONED - NEW DATE TBA
    San Antonio - Tuesday, June 4

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Jan 2 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No board can truly be UTR nor impenetrable either.

The best way to grow this place is with quality "recruits" and y&#39;all are the main "recruiters."[/b]
    I agree completely. My point was more that by advertising you are making yourself more visible. The more visible you are the more likely to draw the attention of people you don&#39;t want rooting around in your business. I think we&#39;ll do just fine with referrals and recruits.