<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dee Licious @ Dec 30 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I heard that playing the minute fieryjade posted her first extortion for money post... for those who don&#39;t know too much about websites... had it been maintained properly ie money in take care of the baby and all will fall in place... well that didn&#39;t happen... and now they want us to swallow it never made money... not sure about anyone else but had I given 10 years of my life, saint good hearted whatever... it would have to the very least pay for itself... I think Madam took the biggest shit on her daughter and still wants to blame the "community" &#39;cest la vie...[/b]
I&#39;ve got to agree with that reasoning.

I&#39;m afraid the problems run much deeper than just that though.

One of the biggies being that ASPD&#39;s bank/Verotel accounts have been frozen due to the fact that a death certificate can not be produced.

Certainly, we&#39;re all saddened by Amber&#39;s passing but I suppose that it&#39;s just a bigger burden than the family is willing to bear. But please don&#39;t insult my intelligence and say that it&#39;&#39;s "barely making ends meet".

If that&#39;s the case why even bother with a "mirror site"?

I simply find it hard to believe that the site was so poorly managed to justify FieryJade&#39;s non-money making claim.

Look at the numbers. (and I&#39;m just roughing it here)

ASPD has been running on the same software for YEARS. A few server issues and bumps along the way --but for the most part, has been relatively maintenance-free --meaning minimal cash outlay.

That said, take a look at the banners at the top of the page.

I counted 19 non-aspd ads. Each of these ads costs the advertisers (going off of their published rates)
$70 wk/$900 qtr ($17,100 Mo)

I counted 30 Sponsor Providers @ $25 mo each ( $750 Mo)

The site has approx 158,000 members. Let&#39;s just say that a mere 2% of the membership is "Paid BCD" .

That&#39;s 3160 members paying $10 Mo ($3160 Mo...and that&#39;s just at 2%!)

That totals to $21,010 Mo ( $252,120 Yr)

How much does it cost to keep the place up-n-running??

Can&#39;t be too much... I mean it&#39;s been virtually running on auto-pilot for years...the promised upgrades never happened..the staff is volunteers/no salary.

But for argument sake, let&#39;s assume that after it&#39;s all said and done that it costs $2000/2500 or hell, even 3500 mo.

Take away expenses and folks that still leaves a pretty good chunk of change on the plate.

Now if a site&#39;s running those kind of numbers and can&#39;t make a go of it...?? I, for one, ain&#39;t buying that "it&#39;s not a money maker"

No, I&#39;m afraid the problems run much, much deeper than one might tend to believe. Frozen assets. Transference of ownership? IRS issues?? LE scrutiny??? etc. etc. Who knows??

I&#39;ve got to admit though, it&#39;s really sad seeing it go under because that site was the catalyst for many a&#39; good friendships and many a&#39; good times.

</span>