At the risk of sounding like Dear John I was sitting here having a drink or three, listening to the talking heads and my mind started to drift to my first hobby experience. I was hunting with customers in the hill country and one of them suggested Villa Acuna. We headed out on a Friday night, about a 90 minute drive to the border then about ten minutes by taxi to boys town. That was early 90's when things were a little safer. I went back about once a year over the next 3 or 4 years. One of the things I remember most is the BP agents couldn't have cared less that you were on the road half drunk at 3am but they damn sure wanted to know who was passed out in the back seat of the suburban.

Around '95 a friend was getting married. We had a bachelor party and one guy suggested one of the modeling studios that were prominently advertised in Chronicle sports section. I think he had more experience with them than he let on. It ended up being a jack shack but the girls were fucking hot.

Around 98/99 I found ASPD and learned about the depth of the hobby in Houston. Mostly agencies and spas at the time. Made a few visits to a few jack shacks and finally got a handjob at a place around Hobby. More research and I learned which of the up and coming places you could actually get FS at.
Can't recall the name but I went to a place down off of 59S over a few years, someone mentioned it in a thread a while back. Then Escapes became a favorite. Wildflowers was a major player but they were too close to my then employer so I never went.

Some time in there I developed an interest in seeing independents, MSB had branched out on her own and I really liked her photos in her ASPD ads. Then she started posting some poetry which had some intellectual depth to it which really made me pull the trigger on my first independent.

Up until black Tuesday I was pretty free wheeling then it all came crashing down. Black Tuesday, ASPD folding, the Christmas social bust. I was introduce to ECCIE early 2010 then P411. I've attended a couple of socials, no not the one that got busted, and a poker tournament. I met some really cool people, hobbyists and providers alike. Had lunches with a few, hobbyists and providers alike and had some sessions based on those meetings...providers that is LOL.

P411 has been my main resource for scheduling the last few years but I use the boards for research to ensure compatibility and my satisfaction. It's been a successful formula so far. Things will be changing again soon. Not sure what the next phase will be but rest assured while the way we hobby may change as it pertains to gaining knowledge , fucks for bucks won't, It will just be different. Some gals will TCB and some will be BSC. That's a constant.

So what has your journey been and where do you see it going from here?