Thread: OUT IN TO MED and BEYOND

Retired Hobbyist (RIP) loveitdou's Avatar

OUT IN TO MED and BEYOND

Plans, which change quickly for me, are to head to Santorini . we are headed roughly southeast from Cannes toward Corsica, then thru the straight and then south to Olbia Sardinia and to drop off the 2 lovely ladies from Barcelona at the airport there. My lady friend Jane might join us there but maybe not.

Leaving Olbia and heading roughly East into the Tyrrhenian Sea then turning south and a little East heading for Sicily and the Massina straight between Sicily and the tip of Italy, then into the Ionian Sea and on to the Aegean Sea and finally between a few other Greek Islands to Santorini. Plan to stay in Santorini for a week then I will fly to Barcelona and home top Andorra while my crew sails back to Barcelona. They will tie up at the Marina there and all fly back to Switzerland for family Christmas. I love history and this area has been sailed by ancient people for thousands of years, I can feel their presence as we sail or at least I think I can.

I will have a bunch of my immediate family and Jane staying with me in Andorra for an early Christmas and they go home by the 20th, except Jane who will stay with me for an undetermined time. I really love my new yacht, with it's additional space and sailing "capacity" and I hope my crew has a good time while we sail together as well. It is an Ideal boat for blue water sailing as the sailors in the sailing community call it.

After that I will fly my crew back to Barcelona where we will provision my boat and set sail for The Atlantic, the Canary Is, The Azores, then to Cape Verde, then to St Helena and finally to Rio. We will visit each Island (s) for a few days exploring, hiking and eating and of course Mongering. Plan to stay in Rio for 50-60 days visiting Sao Paulo and maybe going on another fishing expedition into the Brazilian jungle on the Rio Negro.

All of that will probably take 5-6 months. From there our course will be determined by weather and sailing conditions and is subject to change determined by sailing conditions and my desires, the main thing for me is to circumnavigate the world while I am still here. I have already made in half way and plan to spend more time in the So. Pacific and possibly sail to Hawaii as well , Jane wants that trip to Hawaii and that is fine with me but there is a Whole lot of water out there and I am not sure she fully understands that we could be at sea for as long as 30 days if sailing from Hawaii to say Singapore. Anyway I have a friend living on Cocos Keeling Is in the Indian Ocean and a Navy friend that just arrived on the Navy base at Diego Garcia =-if he's still there I will get permission and sail there as well. Then onto the Maldives Is and then to Madagascar followed by So Africa for a month or so and then back to Barcelona. All together a trip of 20-26 months. In between all of this there are dozens of little islands and coral reefs that we will be stopping at to explore and scuba dive as well.

I will be stopping & departing my yacht to fly to the States time to time for business and to visit family in Houston as well as having them aboard whenever they can break loose from their lives in Houston and various cities across the USA. I will always return to the Is that I departed so my circumnavigation will be true and complete, at least that is my plan and my desire.

Now I have satellite service that will keep in touch with the world - world wide but I doubt that I will be visiting this site as much, I will sign on time to time to give progress reports.
    Last edited by loveitdou; 12-04-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loveitdou View Post
    Sardinia
    Enjoy the trip, at first glance from the title I thought you were headed to Medellin and was going to fly down there but was actually glad to see I was wrong, I booked Germany instead for March this morning, can't stop going! These Europeans girls are more addicting than anything I've ever laid my hands or eyes on!

In fact I met a girl last week from Sardinia where you are headed ( born there but half Romanian, raised outside Bucharest) but talk about gorgeous! My fucking Lord! She actually was working in Switzerland but the Swiss require them to have VISA's so fortunately for me she is in Germany as she needs to wait 6 more months to apply again to go work in Geneva

In four weeks her hands will be back in my locker grabbing however many 100 Euro notes she chooses

What a continent!

Retired Hobbyist (RIP) loveitdou's Avatar
    Sounds Great-I am glad you are enjoying yourself sounds like pure love--o I mis spelled LUST!

Take care and don't hurt yourself. LOL