Thread: Casulo Hotel

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar

Casulo Hotel

A couple of years ago a monger on eccie recommended the Casulo Hotel on south I-35. At the time I thought he was being sarcastic. I drive by there every day, and the place gives me a sleazy *****tel vibe.

Earlier this month I met one of Austin’s fine ladies there, and was pleasantly surprised. It’s nicer than I anticipated. It’s small, and I’m pretty sure that the desk clerk knew what I was up to.

Disclaimer...Just an FYI. I have no financial interest in the place. I prefer apartments to hotels.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I’ve never stayed there, but it looks likes cool place from the pix. What makes it special to you? Give us the deets! I thought about doing a photo shoot there a while back. Do you think it would be good for this purpose?

I had a special little spot that I went to while I was commuting back and forth from Dallas to Austin. I’d go by myself, soak in the jacuzzi and catch up on some good quality zzz’s. Don’t laugh... it’s the Super Eight by the airport!! Of all places, I know! But I just love the jacuzzi room and the hospitality of the Indian fella and his family there.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiFamme View Post
    I thought about doing a photo shoot there a while back. Do you think it would be good for this purpose?
    I’ve been there once. It’s a nice place though it is still under renovation. The rooms are big enough to do a photoshoot and the jacuzzi tub in the room with glass so it can be seen from the bedroom area is a nice touch. In fact I thought I’d recommend if ever asked when I do a photoshoot.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiFamme View Post
    I’ve never stayed there, but it looks likes cool place from the pix. What makes it special to you? Give us the deets! I thought about doing a photo shoot there a while back. Do you think it would be good for this purpose?

I had a special little spot that I went to while I was commuting back and forth from Dallas to Austin. I’d go by myself, soak in the jacuzzi and catch up on some good quality zzz’s. Don’t laugh... it’s the Super Eight by the airport!! Of all places, I know! But I just love the jacuzzi room and the hospitality of the Indian fella and his family there.
    It’s close to my office which is special to me. The lobby and breakfast areas are cozy and well appointed. The room was comfortable and I really liked the glass wall between the shower and bed. It was pretty hot watching my date take a shower. The room would have made a nice setting for a photo shoot.

As for your choice of super 8, I’m not laughing. There are several newer budget friendly hotels along highway 71 between I35 and the airport. I’ve had memorable encounters at some of them. Very unlike some of those chains along south I35 and 71.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Companion Companion cumhavesumfun1's Avatar
    It is quite nice. When I’m southi like the area although traffic is a dick around certain hours
    New number (240)788-2319