Thread: Are Providers Allowed To PM Gents Without Any Prior Contact

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Are Providers Allowed To PM Gents Without Any Prior Contact

Finding more and more "thirsty" providers PM'ing me unsolicited, trying to drum up business. On that "other board", that sort of behavior wasn't tolerated. Is that acceptable here?
    Last edited by SecretE; 11-18-2018 at 02:03 AM.
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    This is going to sound confrontational, but it is meant with the upmost respect and to hopefully share and gain perspective.

I honestly do not understand why you're so upset over this, as if you are not on this board for the reason it was intended. I dont know how this behavior would be counted as unacceptable when it is simply a different approach/marketing tactic and an attempt to gain more business on a business forum. Some ladies may be simply reaching out to gentlemen who, on a site with quite a lot of people, may have missed them and are giving them the opportunity to see someone that they could have been looking for. This is probably based off of review menus, forum discussions or comments the gentleman have made.
    I've never heard of it being done but to me it's not a negative thing. With that being said, if they harass you endlessly, put them on your ignore list and report the behavior because that's unacceptable and it's exactly what we are told to do when it happens to us, which it does fairly often.

As for the comment on the other site.. it also lacks happy providers and POSITIVE engagements for reasons just like this. Incase you did not notice, this site is a bit more logical and equal in the sense that it doesn't have random unnecessary rules that generally only favor the males. It allows us more freedom to conduct our business how we would like to, within reason, and appreciate, that without us there is no you.

I personally welcome messages and conversations with all members of the board, as I am an active member and networking is crucial for my success.

I hope this comment is received well.

Xo
    Last edited by CubanAva; 11-18-2018 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors

Retired Site "Guide"
    It is, Ava.

To answer the original question, yes. All oh2 members are on equal footing here regardless of gender. Any member here may contact any other member via PM unless they have utilized the ignore function as Ava has suggested. Likewise, members of all genders are equally able to report any abuse of the PM system to staff via the Report PM function.

Under ideal conditions everyone here would operate under the imperative they agreed to when they first signed onto the site which is respect for themselves and others. Failing that, staff is ready and able to deal with any situation they are made aware of.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I agree with Ava. I consider it a compliment when I’m contacted by a woman. I haven’t been harassed, just the occasional friendly greeting. I welcome them.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I guess with all the freedom the ladies have to post ads in multiple forums, multiple times, way more than that "other board", I scratch my head at why they would need to have the ability to "spam PM" us as well.

As gfejunkie has stated, I will avail myself of the vBulletin tools available, and consider this question answered. Thank you.
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Adding just a bit to gfejunkie's note.

Much as ladies may include in their signature a "No Review" notice, gents may also include a "Please don't PM me out of the blue" or a similar notice.

I see that SecretE has availed: No provider solicitations, please, unless you would like to meet me as a "civvie".

Happy Hobbying!
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Amen...AND if you don't like it then simply tell the gal in a private manner
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

Verified Hobbyist BCD Groovy Johnson's Avatar
    Man, I don't get ENOUGH PMs.
    Appreciate them.
    And if they're ever problematic, it's easy to hit the ignore button.
    BFD.
    GJ
    Vaccinated
    Vajitarian