Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excessive Spam Calls. Is there a solution?

Registered Female (Not Verified) elisabethwhispers's Avatar

Excessive Spam Calls. Is there a solution?

A few years ago, I regretfully changed the phone number that I had used for business for 10 years. The number was everywhere and it seemed to be a good idea at the time. Now, not sure.

Anyway, when the new number was assigned it belonged to a female who obviously was very socially active and had poor credit or something. Group work texts, mortgage companies calling all of the time, etc. Now, her calls and texts are slowing down but I get spam calls constantly.

I mean several in the morning starting at 8 AM. Sixteen from 8 AM until now. 16!!!

Have the hiya app. Block numbers as they come in. And the calls are getting more numerous.

Considering changing my number again but really don't wish to go through the hassle. Besides, it's confusing to my client base.

Any suggestions?
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Rates will be changing soon. Contact me to get grandfather'd in!

Last week, did register with the national no call list. Hopefully, that will help.
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    elizabeth, welcum to the connected world :^}

natl do-not-call list only works for landlines.

http://nomorobo.com is free forland lines and about 2$/month for mobile lines. you have to authorize (forgot how, i think they have a faq) that they can “receive” calls to your ph#. when someone calls, right after 1st ring on your phone, they get the ph# and search to see if it’s a marketer, scammer, etc. if it isnt, rings continue on your ph line. if it is, no more ringing.
    if it blocks a good ph#, you can report it as a legit/good ph# via their website.

it’s not perfect but it has significantly cut down on the b.s. calls i have to answer to find out it’s a b.s. call.

now, i wish there were as “nomofakeho.com” service :^}
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Hey!!!!

Thank you so much for this information! Just had a pretty busy few days but think I'm going to try that service out tonight. See if it makes a difference.

In all of my years of having a phone, seriously haven't had this issue.

Was thinking that maybe having that Hiya app was causing some of the problem but I have a few gal pals that use the app and they're not having this problem.

Happy Friday!
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Verified Hobbyist BCD Imagine That's Avatar
    I use a app called "robokiller" and it works great. It identifies the call, before it even rings the phone. It is also a caller I.D., so it tells you who is calling. The only down side to the caller I.D. , is it does not tell you who the person is, until the call is over. But, you can call them back, if it is someone you want to talk to. I have used it for about 6 months and have not had any issues with it, as of yet.

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine That View Post
    I use a app called "robokiller" and it works great. It identifies the call, before it even rings the phone. It is also a caller I.D., so it tells you who is calling. The only down side to the caller I.D. , is it does not tell you who the person is, until the call is over. But, you can call them back, if it is someone you want to talk to. I have used it for about 6 months and have not had any issues with it, as of yet.
    Imagine that, I have the same app works amazing.... Def. worth a try E.W.......

Verified Companion Companion alaine's Avatar
    I was averaging 40-50/day and downloaded "robokiller" ...and I'm down to 1-2/day now.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Imagine That's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alaine View Post
    I was averaging 40-50/day and downloaded "robokiller" ...and I'm down to 1-2/day now.
    Same results for me, too. Great app.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Agree with ROBOKILLER! It’s knocked down my calls by 75% at least. Between RoboKiller and AT&T’s CALL PROTECT app, I get maybe 1 call a day. And let me tel you, I was getting 15-20 a day prior to that! Good luck!

Forgot to mention, RoboKiller cost $1.99 a month I believe. But worth every cent

I keep getting the car insurance one. But today I got one for medical bracelets. I got the girl on the phone, she asked me what my illness was and I told her I was suffering from a really bad case of "blue balls" and could she either help me, or get me a bracelet. She said " we don't make them that small" LOL

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    *OUCH!* She was on her game, cage :)
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    Quote Originally Posted by cage196 View Post
    I keep getting the car insurance one.
    me, too, the car warranty one. got it today, I played along (if you try to get on their "don't call me again" list, it fails).. a black girl got on the line, asking if I was interested in the warranty.. I said "I'm retarded".. she burst out laughing and said "c'mon Mr. Fred, you making me laugh saying you're retarded".. I said "I am retarded".. she laughed some more, and said "I could laugh with you all day, Mr. Fred.. I know it's you, I know your name, what kind of car you drive, how many miles you have".. I thought to myself, huh? what the Hell is she talking about? then I remembered a few months ago I had played along with them, apparently I said my name was Fred, I remember giving a fake car model and made up mileage, and at the end I said the car wouldn't run, LOL. so she asks, "would you like the warranty"? I said "I don't know what a warranty is".. she burst out laughing again, then wished me a good day.

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar

Thumbs up

i occassionally get the pre-recorded msg call “hey, it’s jennifer just following up on about that <insert large 6-figure> line of credit for your business that i emailed you about .....”

just wish i could use use that line of credit in order to increase my consulting bizness’ inventory of oral delites experiences !!!
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

honestly it seems like we all get the same ones.
    1. car warranty
    2. Line of credit
    3. medical insurance
    4. I got one for AC inspection but they wouldnt tell me the name of the company. I told them " so you want me to allow you into my home, but you can't tell me who you are?"

Its the same people. I wonder how in the hell they aren't in jail. And furthermore, why on earth would someone take a job working at one of these places. You must be really fucking desperate to take a job getting abused all day. "hi honey im home" " oh hi mike, how was your day today?"

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Got the latest Android phone and heard something about Google having a "digital assistant" that can screen the call for you to where it will translate either a VM or text and you can decide to accept without it ringing.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast