Thread: The Illuminati and the MIB are watching me.

Verified Companion Companion Heidi.Fly's Avatar

Exclamation The Illuminati and the MIB are watching me.

Okay, I'm kidding, I don't really think the Illuminati or the MIB are watching me, but I am experiencing some weirdness. The problem is not here, it's on ecc. Yes, I am aware that this board cannot fix problems on another; but, I wanted to ask here first because I know we have some tech-savvy people here and also because odds were better that I can avoid drama here. However, I will be posting this there as well. For the last week, my wysiwyg editor is having a conniption when I type in it. It highlights the text in blue, as I type it. Also, the main text box is now afflicted with blue overlays that blink with every keystroke It does this in the title bar as well. It's really annoying! It has never been like that before this week, never. Also, it DOES NOT happen on any other site, none. Not even on this one, which has the same editor. I have Googled the problem and have tried everything that is suggested for things remotely resembling this problem. (I can't find this exact problem, only similar ones.) I have attached some screenshots and a screen capture so you can see for yourselves. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, one more thing, it has been suggested that this is a keyboard problem; but, if that were true, wouldn't it act like that every where I type and not just on that one site? idk, you tell me. Thanks y'all! xoxo

Attachment 101025

Attachment 101026

Attachment 101027

Let me know if you want the video and I'll figure out how to post it.
    I'm sure there is a simple answer for this and I'm going to look like an idiot for not knowing how to fix it.
    Thanks y'all!

oh dang, y'all don't know either, huh?

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Honestly, it sounds like an input issue from either the mouse or keyboard (or both). Newer, more sophisticated website may be coded better that negates the weird inputs. Dealing with tech problems before, weirder things have happened. Best to confirm all theories; that's why even basic office tech work is time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder420 View Post
    Honestly, it sounds like an input issue from either the mouse or keyboard (or both). Newer, more sophisticated website may be coded better that negates the weird inputs. Dealing with tech problems before, weirder things have happened. Best to confirm all theories; that's why even basic office tech work is time consuming.

Thank you so much for replying, pathfinder420!! I am going to check out the keyboard situation because, as I said in my post, someone else mentioned the keyboard too. That must be it.
    Thank you again! You're awesomesauce!!! I appreciate it.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Sorry girl, wish I could help but I have never seen that either.

@Metime7 that's okay, Hun. It is a weird problem.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Did you solve this Heidi? Sounds like a mouse button is sticking. Try unplugging the mouse or swapping it with a different one. Or a stuck button on the keyboard.

Okay everyone, the problem is fixed! Y'all were right. My keyboard wasn't connected properly. lol
    How stupid is that, huh? Thanks again for the help! Y'all are awesome and so sweet!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Glad you got it fixed...

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Just as long as it wasn't the Pepsi Syndrome :)
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    Just as long as it wasn't the Pepsi Syndrome :)
    The Pepsi Syndrome ??

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Old Saturday Night Live skit based on the movie The China Syndrome.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry