I recently hosted my first meet and greet in Killeen, assuming the mantle from Heph, who established a popular series of M&Gs in Temple. This first party went very well thanks to Heph's assistance. He made the initial offer to help anyone who could host, and when I contacted him, he gave some great tips on how to organize it. He also helped legitimize it by supporting it publicly so those who already knew his reputation for hosting were encouraged to give me more of a benefit of the doubt than I otherwise would have had. In addition, he helped validate all the people who expressed interest in attending to ensure the safety of all. Unfortunately, Heph was unable to attend for personal reasons, but without his support it actually wouldn't have happened, since I wouldn't have thought to try hosting without reading his offer of help.

Having received many thumbs up after the initial M&G, I've already scheduled the next, which Heph plans to attend. To all those who attended or plan to attend, give Heph the cheers he deserves for making it possible. No less important, but obviously dependent on this, thanks to all the attendees who made it a success. I'll see you at the next one, and the one after that....

Alx