Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Really....

Verified Companion (RIP)

Really....

What's the deal with All the closed threads again? I thought we had agreed this wasent kindergarten and that AS adults we could openly share are options on and about a ****** board. If only fluff is allowed hell,might as well be on Plenty of Fish. Honestly though Id like to see Houston board ran like Austin's, San Antonio or even Dallas board. Is that asking to much? And please if you wanna close threads , there are tons of old ISO threads that keep getting posted on. Which totally makes the ISO a pain to negotiate. Thank you for your time. This message will self destruct .....before it gets closed....LMAO

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Athena View Post
    What's the deal with All the closed threads again? I thought we had agreed this wasent kindergarten and that AS adults we could openly share are options on and about a ****** board. If only fluff is allowed hell,might as well be on Plenty of Fish. Honestly though Id like to see Houston board ran like Austin's, San Antonio or even Dallas board. Is that asking to much? And please if you wanna close threads , there are tons of old ISO threads that keep getting posted on. Which totally makes the ISO a pain to negotiate. Thank you for your time. This message will self destruct .....before it gets closed....LMAO
    Just so you know, staff is exactly the same throughout the board, so the difference between regions is the posters and content, not policy. The number of fourms vary a wee bit from area to area, however.

Other cities also go through up and down periods. Austin had a bunch of closed threads, too, not long ago. (But oddly, less protesting.) Just depends on circumstances at the time.

I will make a suggestion to admin about possible "expiration dates" on requests/ISOs, but realistically, since those areas are the most prolific after ads for posts, might require too much time and monitoring by an all-volunteer limited staff to implement. Would require new rules. Most bumped responses seem to be occurring within 2-3 days, which is reasonable. Are there specific threads being bumped after more than, say, a week?
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 10-19-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    I have my theory...
    In before the lock.

Verified Companion (RIP)
    Cum here kitty kitty kitty I have some....cream for you......
    On topic could all ISOs have maybe a 7 to 10 day expiration. That way we know what is fresh on the page and address it. I work off my phone so maybe others see it differently. But I really like when I can take a quick glance at the new postings

It is what it is. What’s the point of coed if we can’t post opinions? Might as well not be a section at all. Yes, it does get out of hand a bit, but- if the ppl could control themselves as adults & mods focus more on problem hobbyists/providers instead of shutting every thread- it’d be different. Maybe. IMO

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Ok guys and gals, I just checked on closed threads. I found Batman shut down one that was just aimlessly wandering; and the Boss man shut down two that were really ads posted in Co-Ed. Where are all the wrongly closed threads y'all refer to and complain about? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    Ok guys and gals, I just checked on closed threads. I found Batman shut down one that was just aimlessly wandering; and the Boss man shut down two that were really ads posted in Co-Ed. Where are all the wrongly closed threads y'all refer to and complain about? Inquiring minds want to know.
    You are on it. You take this stuff seriously, huh. Don’t take this wrong, but you get very damn near matter of fact & seem like you’re on here as much, if not more than a provider..

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    30 closed threads since July 1 and that's not counting the handful that got moved that had a hobby theme.
    As bad as I hate comparisons to other unique cities with their own cast of characters I'll go ahead and compare that to:
    Austin: 20 some closed at OP request.
    SA: 1
    Dallas: 5
    What's the harm is in aimless wandering anyway...just wondering. Houston has always been this way. Again, each city is unique and has it's own cast of characters. Trying to fit us into another mold, well it just seems like there is an agenda at play that is not the betterment or keeping in the traditions of the Houston hobby community...but then again that may be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    You are on it. You take this stuff seriously, huh. Don’t take this wrong, but you get very damn near matter of fact & seem like you’re on here as much, if not more than a provider..
    Just pointing out the facts on the Houston Board young lady and I hope we can agree, facts matter. If you want to discuss more facts in person we can do so over some chilled Crown Vanilla while I check out your tats.

Cat man, I don't speak for the OP but I think she was referring to the Houston Board. I could be wrong.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Interesting. Austin and Houston seem to have more issues, whatever they may be, with or without merit. I counted 8 threads in Houston closed "for cause" in the last 40-odd days of multi-page posting, 7 in Austin. Is that an undue amount considering the circumstances of each? And are we comparing H2 to another board that may have a different philosophy?

Some closures were outright ads or nuclear violations, and would have been shut down anywhere anyway.

I don't suppose suggesting that we note the past, continue into the future by posting threads of wide Hobby appeal that don't deteriorate into disparagement or break guidelines would do any good?

I will leave this discussion now for another weekend at the RenFest. Huzzah. Carry on carrying on.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 10-19-2018 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typo

Well there ^^^^^ you have it!! Thanks for doing the detailed research FH. So gang, why all the moaning and gnashing of teeth? Can we get back to making appointments and having play time rather than criticizing management styles or philosophy? To that end, Cameron...what about those drinks? You know I have been trying to meet up with you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
    Interesting. Austin and Houston seem to have more issues, whatever they may be, with or without merit. I counted 8 threads in Houston closed "for cause" in the last 40-odd days of multi-page posting, 7 in Austin. Is that an undue amount considering the circumstances of each? And are we comparing H2 to another board that may have a different philosophy?

Some closures were outright ads or nuclear violations, and would have been shut down anywhere anyway.

I don't suppose suggesting that we note the past, continue into the future by posting threads of wide Hobby appeal that don't deteriorate into disparagement or break guidelines would do any good?

I will leave this discussion now for another weekend at the RenFest. Huzzah. Carry on carrying on.

What exactly is the philosophy of H2?

Well, drats, speaking of violations... The RTM function appears to be gremlin glitching at the moment. If you have a CRITICAL issue requiring immediate admin attention, please PM staff directly for now. I was heading out to the RenFest to prep for tomorrow, but will be delaying a bit, and will keep my phone close for the rest of the day. Cell/Net service sucks out there when crowds overload the scarce towers, which is why I can't respond on weekends.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 10-19-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
    Well, drats, speaking of violations... The RTM function appears to be gremlin glitching at the moment. If you have a CRITICAL issue requiring immediate admin attention, please PM staff directly for now. I was heading out to the RenFest to prep for tomorrow, but will be delaying a bit, and will keep my phone close for the rest of the day. Cell/Net service sucks out there when crowds overload the scarce towers, which is why I can't respond on weekends.
    You're seriously delaying RenFest for this shit? I hope they're paying you well. LMAO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast