Quote Originally Posted by pelagicsun View Post
Also, is USD acceptable or do I really need to convert to Euro?
Unfortunately we aren't in the third world over there where the US Dollar can be spent so no matter how we slice the pie we get fucked and have to convert to Euros. The currency options of this said conversion have been and are often discussed by guys elsewhere who travel often but in a nutshell the best way to get your cash with as little damage as possible is to probably use a ATM so call your bank and ask if they give you the spot rate and/or waive foreign transaction fees. Your pussy and club fees need be paid in cash and if an agency allows credit cards they will screw you over.

You can also go to your bank here and do it but will get hit with a spread. Not a big deal if we are talking getting 1000E you may eat $30 or $40 on it but it does become a factor when taking out several thousands with any frequency. I go to Wells Fargo and do it, I am somewhat old fashioned and like to land with my money and in the event I have any card issues don't want to be empty handed. AMEX waives all foreign transaction fees so anything that isn't sex related I put on credit plus I can look back and see exactly how my money was spent. Once there I make it a point even if I have plenty of cash for that trip to take out 1000E-1500E for the next trip from a cash station so when I go back I have to convert less money. Of course I get screwed if the rate goes down

I know of many guys who go the 'sugar baby' route what they do is they go to Germany and grab one of their club favourites and take them on vacation and/or they simply fly from here or Asia etc and put their girl on a plane out of Germany ( or Bucharest if she on holiday) and fly them to meet them in Paris or London, or wherever they want to go. Beyond that ( would need to have regs and know the girls there anyway) no way to advise you on the SB route. Good luck in your search

and be careful of those Euros, they look like monopoly money yet are worth more!