Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Busted for Soliciting?

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
    this isn't my area of expertise-there's some dude on the other Board named Shyster Jon who has tried such cases-but here's how i would handle it. (Backstory-most SWs are either skinny or fat. if they're skinny, they shoud probably eat. if they're fat, they probably like to eat. get the gal's first name too n tell her about lunch.)

i would quickly ask what traffic infraction did i commit. if he is evasive, ask what probable cause did he have in pulling you over. if he can't cite one, ask him if you are free to go.

eventually, he will get around to asking about the girl. you're right you can decline to answer, but he might make an arrest anyway.

if she's skinny, i'd say, "officer, i saw this pretty girl and noticed she looked too skinny, so i invited her to lunch at mcdonald's. she said yes." if you can mention jesus as well and saving the lost souls, that's a plus. lol.

if she's fat, say "officer i saw this pretty girl and i noticed she's voluptuous, and i heard the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach, so i asked her to lunch..."

the cop's problem is that it is not illegal to drive around with a hot girl dressed like a trollop. he knows that, so he's going to look for you to make a mistake.

he can also ask to search your car. just say, "sure, if you have a warrant. otherwise, no you can't, without probable cause."
    This is not my game at all so I'm kind of looking in from the outside. I think the key phrase here is that it's not illegal to drive around with a hot girl dressed like a trollop, so he's going to look for you to make a mistake. I think keeping your cool and answering questions with only basic information like "we were on our way to get something to eat but haven't decided on a place yet" is sufficient. He can't hold you without probable cause and being with a girl isn't probable cause even if he just saw you pick her up. After a couple of questions, if he isn't getting anywhere simply ask if you are free to go? Now if she is UC I'd say most bets are off but a UC wouldn't get in the car would they?

The key is not to make a mistake. If you are pulled over you are compelled to show a license because you agreed to it as part of the privilege of being issued that license. Show it. Be sure you're clean otherwise. Do not agree to a search. They don't have any right without cause and can't hold it against you if you refuse. If they start putting pressure on you then you have to start building your defense case right then and there. Cops can be dicks especially the new breed they look to escalate things in many instances instead of deescalating. I had one come on my business property and try to intimidate me. He was reprimanded by IAD for unprofessional conduct. KNow your rights and exercise them but don't be a dick and throw it back in their face. If you're not driving and you are not under LAWFUL arrest you don't have to show ID and you don't have to identify yourself. They aren't the fucking Gestapo although some will try to make you think they are.

An ex cop friend told me he never once made a DWI arrest although he stopped them all the time. There was time consuming, a ton of paperwork and it was tough to make it stick. He was always able to find another more concrete reason to get the person off the street via arrest. It might be as simple as an open container which was much less work but many times it was an illegal weapon. Being the kind of guy he is I suspect he might have follow a few home to make sure they got there safely and left it at that if they didn't make a scene or be dicks about being pulled over. He left the sheriffs office when his first kid form his second marriage was born.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    What I heard before is the guy is getting pulled over for picking up the girl. When the cop separates them he asks what's her name or what's his name. I never been put in that situation but I did learn from watching you at least need to know each other names that way he can't say you don't know her at all my opinion?
    They call me Pokey......Big Pokey Bear!!!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey56 View Post
    What I heard before is the guy is getting pulled over for picking up the girl. When the cop separates them he asks what's her name or what's his name. I never been put in that situation but I did learn from watching you at least need to know each other names that way he can't say you don't know her at all my opinion?
    Just give a name any name and say that's what she told you it was.
    True story, I knew a couple years ago that was "married". He traveled a lot and did when they met. Actually it was how they met. Anyway, after several years it finally comes to light that his traveling consisted of going home to his family in another city. His name to us was completely fictitious. Hell they even bought a house together. It made divestiture a fairly complicated matter. Criminal charges were filed against the guy, I think for bigamy. Point is, she gives tha cop her real name, you tell him she told you her name was something else. It may cause some new questions but it's not illegal to give a false name to someone. In reality she, if not driving, isnt requires to even identify herself at all. Shed be better off keeping her mouth shut.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    Just give a name any name and say that's what she told you it was.
    True story, I knew a couple years ago that was "married". He traveled a lot and did when they met. Actually it was how they met. Anyway, after several years it finally comes to light that his traveling consisted of going home to his family in another city. His name to us was completely fictitious. Hell they even bought a house together. It made divestiture a fairly complicated matter. Criminal charges were filed against the guy, I think for bigamy. Point is, she gives tha cop her real name, you tell him she told you her name was something else. It may cause some new questions but it's not illegal to give a false name to someone. In reality she, if not driving, isnt requires to even identify herself at all. Shed be better off keeping her mouth shut.
    This type of has happend more than once.

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED!
    I find the responses to this thread to be very informative. Thank you for contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
    cops and especially the da want docile defendants. i recommend no plea deals unless they offer a reduction to a class C misdemeanor. make the state prove it's case, and more often than not, they'll blink first. if they don't and they secure a conviction, it looks no different than if you pled guilty in the first place. so don't plea unless they offer you a sweet deal.

hobbyists, any sketchy gals make explicit offers to you-just say no. nancy reagan was exactly right..
    Just curious, what Class C misdemeanor might they knock a Class B Prostitution charge down to in Texas.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Driving while blind...as long as it is a tesla car they will reduce it to a class C misdemeanor.

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - FAILURE TO FOLLOW STAFF DIRECTIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by B Three View Post
    Just curious, what Class C misdemeanor might they knock a Class B Prostitution charge down to in Texas.
    disorderly conduct? lol.
    if you make 'em go to trial, they'll figure out something, i can assure you..

Yeah, that was really the only one I could think of, myself. Though I’ve never seen it, but it would be hard to find in my research.

the Class C Misdemeanor will be for hindering or obstructing the investigation

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You were charged with that also...

BANNED FOR MULTIPLE HANDLES
    So when did you make bail?

I never got arrested

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - FAILURE TO FOLLOW STAFF DIRECTIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by oh2user View Post
    So when did you make bail?
    ^^but this gent did. 9star spa or some shit like that. all over the news..

BANNED FOR MULTIPLE HANDLES
    ^^^^^bail or bear spray right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast