Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
Not sure what thread you're referring to, but there are occasions when moderation is done behind the scenes and threads are closed but left up as examples. Sometimes there are reasons things get done by staff that aren't apparent publicly. Another topic can often be started quoting the less-contentious posts of the original and continuing a valid discussion, unless instructed otherwise.

It is usually better to intercede when war is brewing than clean up after damage and destruction later, and please remember this is an all-volunteer peacekeeping staff with limited opportunity to de-nuke combatants on a World Wide Web site.

If you're serious about donating time and effort and being a recurrent target of criticism and ire, with an inbox that fills up more regularly than a shipload of bar-seeking thirsty sailors on shore leave in a Red Light harbor, please apply to our happy host chief admin ck1942. It's a thankless responsibility (one that is increasing MY Jameson consumption), and I frequently wonder why I decided to do it. (Probably goes back to said Jameson consumption, chuckle. )
Fancy. I love you! You're so adorable and drama- free. Love it.