Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I'm just about done

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
    I feel your pain bm....even the modtarding on the E has homo’ed up considerably in regards to altercations between members.....
    I check in there from time to time. Did this morning as a matter of fact. Modtarding the political forum, then pointing for thread drift is absolutely fucking hysterical. What political thread stays on topic? It's the nature of that beast.

Guest Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
    Not sure what thread you're referring to, but there are occasions when moderation is done behind the scenes and threads are closed but left up as examples. Sometimes there are reasons things get done by staff that aren't apparent publicly. Another topic can often be started quoting the less-contentious posts of the original and continuing a valid discussion, unless instructed otherwise.

It is usually better to intercede when war is brewing than clean up after damage and destruction later, and please remember this is an all-volunteer peacekeeping staff with limited opportunity to de-nuke combatants on a World Wide Web site.

If you're serious about donating time and effort and being a recurrent target of criticism and ire, with an inbox that fills up more regularly than a shipload of bar-seeking thirsty sailors on shore leave in a Red Light harbor, please apply to our happy host chief admin ck1942. It's a thankless responsibility (one that is increasing MY Jameson consumption), and I frequently wonder why I decided to do it. (Probably goes back to said Jameson consumption, chuckle. )
    Fancy. I love you! You're so adorable and drama- free. Love it.
    Available for respectful gents. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sexylatinalyssa@protonmail.com
    https://campsite.bio/sexyalyssa

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyLatinAlyssa View Post
    Fancy. I love you! You're so adorable and drama- free. Love it.
    Please allow me to second that emotion.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    I check in there from time to time. Did this morning as a matter of fact. Modtarding the political forum, then pointing for thread drift is absolutely fucking hysterical. What political thread stays on topic? It's the nature of that beast.
    Yeah...wackup is a heavy-handed pick.
    I had heard that pisstolaro was bad too.

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - FAILURE TO FOLLOW STAFF DIRECTIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
    pistol pete was the worst...

I don't know why a person would even try to moderate the political forum except to feed their own narcissism. It's politics, threads drift, 1/2 the people are going to disagree with the other 1/2 so it gets heated. Let it happen and enjoy the show. The only thing a modtard needs to do there is handle nuclear shit.

Quote Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
    pistol pete was the worst...
    I don't know about the worst but he was up there and I had my disagreements with him. Seems most SHMB mods have forgotten that the word comes from Moderation or lessening extremes. It doesn't mean control and inhibit...and prove you only know how to be a dick. Or worse, further an agenda of a select few.
    The shit that went down that I know about from a couple of years ago should have been reason enough to ban several mods and at least one admin. Not fire them, ban them. While Pete made a half hearted attempt at defending the participants in those shenanigans I don't really think he was involved.

And now that Pete, Spice and JAD are gone....IKE is the current dick running shit....of course IKE has always been a dick and shady af.....Spice, JAD and Darth were always pretty cool with me...
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

Getting My Ass Beat By My Trainer😆 Alyssaxoxo2016@hushmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Katie View Post
    I vote let boardman help moderate.
    +1
    I Am ALWAYS LEANER Than My Pics Portray/NO PHOTOSHOP/NEWBIE FRIENDLY
    Alyssaxoxo2016@hushmail.com
    CHECK OUT ALL of MY REVIEWS On ECCIE https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2828586
    https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2827795

Hispanic/Native American/Filipino 34E-25-35/120lbs/5'5 TRULY Athletic/Lean/Tight Firm Obliques
    *NAME
    *LINE OF OCCUPATION
    NBA/REPUBLICAN/BLUE LIVES MATTER
    $225HR/$300 90MIN/$400 2HR
    http://www.preferred411.com/P122770

Quote Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
    And now that Pete, Spice and JAD are gone....IKE is the current dick running shit....of course IKE has always been a dick and shady af.....Spice, JAD and Darth were always pretty cool with me...
    Ike had/has his own agenda and it's not bettering the board. Modtarding is a means to an end.

Spice was one that I thought was pretty decent and understood the role of a mod. That is until shit went down then he turned too. His defense of the BS going on in the back rooms was laughable.
    JAD was cool. He just hasn't been doing anything for a couple years and I can't really blame him. I don't know it for sure but I suspect he either voiced some concerns and got ostracized or he just backed away.
    Darth was OK. He stayed as far away from the BS as he could and just did what he could.

Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    The shit that went down that I know about from a couple of years ago should have been reason enough to ban several mods and at least one admin. Not fire them, ban them. While Pete made a half hearted attempt at defending the participants in those shenanigans I don't really think he was involved.
    I was on hiatus for a while several years ago when all that shit went down but I definitely know from some inside sources and back rooms how fucked up shit got.....miss the good ol’ days when we all had a blast on there.....sure we had our conflicts, but most of us knew where the line was drawn.....
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

I see he banned you for not following his instructions in the Political Forum. What a piece of shit!

Verified Companion Companion
    Rcg. I struggle to keep my balance.
    Sensual bbw kink goddess
    * No reviews please*

281-902-7333
    Please be a gentleman over text
    Screening & Deposit mandatory

Posted by CK in another thread upon closing it

"This thread has come a cropper.

There are plenty of creative opportunities out there, and in here, too, fwiw.

However, for all those folks who need to post "updates" there is an adjacent threAD I just started.

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...anges&p=255742

And, y'all need to take a look at this thread in San Antonio, where folks post quite frequently

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...wee-morning-!-)

And this one in Austin:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...ie-thread-pt-2"

Many years ago Lickalottapus(?) made the statement that moderating the Houston boards was like hearding cats. Thus my Eccie persona and still my avatar.

Suggesting that Houston tards should emulate Austin or San Antonio tards is about as imbecilic and futile as trying to moderate a political forum. In fact it's kind of insulting in a way, we have our own collective persona, we don't want to be Austin or SA.
    It's like comparing the providers in Houston to the providers in DFW. It ain't the same, never will be.

Retired Site "Guide"
    Maybe you should give it a try. Might be a few less closed threads... Like this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3