Well I am excited! the broker who I hired to sell my yacht has come up with a Jaguar 1991 XJR-15 AND a Jaguar 220 (1994) for sale I have had one or the other on my list to buy for 2 years with a different broker, so now I must decide because I don't want both even though they are completely different cars.

The XJR-15 is one of only about 55 produced and the one he found is a street model which is very rare as most were racing models-not for the street. It will need extensive "refreshing" as it has been setting up for 25 years+ It has 19,500 miles, and is a model that is prior to Jaguar making their cars as reliable as they are now. It would need a body off restoration including tearing the engine down and rebuilding it, new interior, new paint, upgraded electronic ignition original wheels would need to be tracked down. This is all stuff I would not mind doing but it would entail getting it to England and having Jaguar "refresh" it and that could take as much as 2 years.

The 220 on the other hand is a much more reliable model with 9300 miles on it, the body is excellent and the paint is OK but old and showing signs of needing to be repainted. The engine is a dual turbo charged 3.5Liter V6 that develops 540HP, with a 5 speed tranny, it is mid engine and has been driven recently after some restoration. This model is super wide 7'6" and very aerodynamic especially for a 90's model car. It was the fastest production car in the world for several years till MaClaren produced the F1. I am told that Jaguar made about 1500 of them and it is capable of 220+ mph which fits my insane love for acceleration and speed. LOL So I think I have just talked myself into buying the 220. On top of everything else the 220 is in England which makes it more readily available than the other one which is in Russia.

The other good news is the Australian buyer has agreed to my terms (price) after trying to low ball me. His initial offer was an insult and I told him so, he has come around after several conversations and I have agreed to drop my price by the 10,000 BP that it would cost me to get my new yacht to Panama.
I have invited him to sail with us to Melbourne where he lives to get an understanding of how it handles. He was aboard this morning and told me he is excited and impressed. We sail to Melbourne in 7 days and he and his wife (?) will sail along. He has already said that he'd like to take possession by October 10th so it might happen. I will then fly Jane, Mt crew and myself to Europe. My crew to Switzerland and Jane and I to London then after seeing the new yacht in Southampton we will fly to Spain. That way I will get to drive my new Jag 220 and spend some time with my family who will visit with me in Andorra. IF the new boat is ready by December 1, which it is promised to be, My crew with 3 new crew members will sail around the Med for a week or so to check it out then head down the coast of Africa, stopping in Capetown and then on across the Indian ocean and to Singapore. Crossing the Indian Ocean west to East is not the most desirable way to cross it because of the prevailing winds but that is something my Captain says he is fine with so I am too.