Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sharing Search Tips

Verified Hobbyist BCD Anandaman's Avatar

Sharing Search Tips

I have found some good search capabilities on OH2. If you know your way around, OH2 has some decent capabilities. Following are some of the search tips I've learned over time. Anyone have any others to share?

1. Searching the Whole site or any one of the specific Forums separately. You can search the whole site with the search box in the upper right. But, you can search ANY forum separately by using the search box specifically for that forum.

2. Searching the Review Forums. Using the approach in no. 1, you can search any Review Forum (Austin Independent Reviews for example). That results in seeing ALL of the reviews for a provider in that city. If a provider is visiting from Dallas, for example, you can search the Austin Indy Forum AND the Dallas Indy Forum.

This is a fairly effective way to find most of the reviews of a particular provider.

3. Using quotations to make your search more specific. If you put your search terms in quotes, the search function will specifically search those terms. Some ladies have compound or tricky names. For example search Jane Doe by inputting "Jane Doe" and those terms specifically will come up.

4. Searching the "Community" directory and "Members List". I use this to find a specific Member. I would again suggest using their specific handle in quotes in the search box. There you can see anyone's "Join Date" and "Last Visit" (some block this information for whatever reason). You can also go to their profile page from there.

5. Viewing posts of any one Member. Go to their profile page and click "Find Latest Started Threads". You can see any threads that they started. For ladies, you can see ALL of their ads. for example. For gents like me, you can see ALL of the threads I started.... including all of my reviews. You can also select "Latest Posts" to see what any Member has been posting. I've noticed this doesn't always work a lady's most recent ads... it may take a day before those show up...?

Folks might say some of this is a lot of work. My answer is that I can type "Jane Doe" in the overall site search box in about 10 seconds followed by maybe 1 minute of perusal of the results. Then type "Jane Doe" in the Indy Forum in another 10 seconds.... I can also go quickly to her Profile page to see any of her Album Photos. I also suggest to search the Men's Locker Room (guys) or the Ladies Powder Room (ladies) to find out more about a specific Member or topic.

Search Limitations. Recognize that you can only search and see posts from forums that you have access to (guys can't see the Powder Room, ladies can't see the Men's LR or the "ROS" in review forums, if you're not "Verified" you can only see the forums for which you have access).

Ladies - I'm posting these tips somewhat from a guy's perspective. What tips to you all have from your perspective or that might help the other ladies who are seeking information about a guy... or simply for other topics?

Everyone - What other tips and tricks are there for searching this site?

A'Man
    Last edited by Anandaman; 12-30-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    All of above is good stuff which I have used since coming to OH2. ^^^^^^^

Does anyone have any tips and/or techniques on how to better use the more specific search tools for more focused searches and so forth.

Anandaman's helpful suggestions are only Basic 101 Intro information. I would like to hear from others that have learned how to make more advanced or complicated searches using the OH2 tools.

Thanks,
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    I look for a review from you A-Man. If I find one, then I know she is legit and what to expect. The fact is that in my experience here, some people are more credible than others. js
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Good information.

However...

Quote Originally Posted by Anandaman View Post
    3. Using quotations to make your search more specific. If you put your search terms in quotes, the search function will specifically search those terms. Some ladies have compound or tricky names. For example search Jane Doe by inputting "Jane Doe" and those terms specifically will come up.
    The terms within the quotes also specify their order. Example, when searching for "one two" only posts/threads containing "one two" will be hits. Posts containing "two one" will not.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    You're right about that, the one I found recently was searching on by using the handles name.

Verified Hobbyist BCD helblindi's Avatar
    Search using phone numbers in quotes. Useful for google, too.
    Search using email address in quotes. Ditto for google.

Common names will return crappy results. Look for unique words/phrases.
    Ladies:

Me: Single, White Male, Casual drinker, Non-Smoker, Medium Build.
    Asian, Caucasian, Ebony, Indian, Latina, Middle-Eastern women. Ink and glasses appreciated. Dislikes: DFF/DFE (dead fish f-- / dead fish experience) - enjoy what you do.
    Activities: BBBJ, DATY, 69, CIM, Mish, K9, Kink...like new services/experiences. Fetish, primal, ropes. Try anything once, twice if I like it.

I don't negotiate your price, but give NO deposits.

Fully vaxxed.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This is all solid information. Thanks everyone!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I am sure that I am going to over geek this, but here is my workflow before I see someone new:

1. Go to their profile and use the "Find latest started threads"
      1. See that they are not posting anything in the last couple of posts in multiple cities as available now
      2. See that their rates have not ballooned
      3. Google search their images to see that there is nothing out of the ordinary like multiple names numbers recently https://support.google.com/websearch...form%3DDesktop
      4. Use their longevity to assess risk

2. OH2 Site search the one at the top
      1. Typically I am looking at the forum the post is in at this level to gauge where the lady is being talked about the most. Click through a couple of pages to get the best idea as to how to narrow the search
      2. Especially looking for anything that says alert

3. Reviews
      1. I am in Houston so I always look there, but I will also add to the list the location that returned the most traffic from looking at the entire site
      2. I will use the search forum, and since a lot of the names are generic or use terms that would commonly be found in a normal message, I do not search their name. I will search their user number from their profile page:
        1. Profile page URL: https://home.ourhome2.net/member.php?56388-sshortcakes6
        2. User number 56388
        3. If the reviewer did their job correctly then this search will only return reports where that was filled out correctly.

3. I look at reviews with a lot of comments or from reviewers I trust
      4. Note activities that were explicitly denied or allowed and see consistency

4. Web in general
      1. Any bit of information that I have collected I will do generic web searches from there. It is normally pretty easy

great thread here

Here's another tip.

Use an "*" as a wild card character for a name that is too short to search. For example, when searching information for the provider Sol. Three characters is too short for a search. So instead search "**Sol". That gives 5 characters for your search and will yield results.

You could search "Sol**", but you might find hits like "Solar". There are not many words end in "Sol". So using "**Sol" is probably better. You could also search "*Sol*" and it might work fine.

A'Man

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Boolean searches permit multiple variables, but inputting much more than two variables can confuse the search.

For exams, using the advance search you cane input anandaman in the member handle and "review" in the term box. You will retrieve most of his reviews. Adding a lady's hand using AND as a separator will screen for his reviews of that companion.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - TBA
    San Antonio - TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Thanks for this. It's really helpful as I'm still learning to navigate the site.
    -L

^ Thanks CK! I haven't used the Advanced Search capabilities much until you pointed it out. I'm having fun exploring that now....

I can see that I can search for things I would never find otherwise. I just tried searching a hobbyist's handle and see what he has said about a particular subject.... For example, I searched Anandaman and P411 to see all the posts I've made that have P411 associated with them.

I'm sure there is much more to discover. I will definitely look further into the capabilities of Advanced Search function.

A'Man

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This link should work if you want to search for someone in all the review forums..
    In this case i searched all review forums for the word "spinner"..
    You would have to modify the link to change the query from spinner to whatever and paste it into your browser..

https://home.ourhome2.net/search.php...ontenttypeid=1

^ Cool. Can you explain to us how you did the search? What if we wanted all review forums for "MSOG"... how do you do that?

Thanks
    A'Man

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast