Thread: A little help... lol

A little help... lol

So.. I was wondering if there is anyone who could help me mount my tv on the wall.. If I even attempted to do so, it’d be a fail. Lol. Thank y’all!

- Cameron

Verified Hobbyist BCD jacksparrow's Avatar
    that is not too hard, where are you trying to put it? home, apt, hotel(just kidding lol.) how big is the tv, you may need two people.
    .....Retiring soon.....but, coming back in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksparrow View Post
    that is not too hard, where are you trying to put it? home, apt, hotel(just kidding lol.) how big is the tv, you may need two people.
    It’s in my apt. It’s a 40 something inch... I mean I can build a shelf with no problem but when it comes to mounting a TV on the wall, but it to be actually able to stay on the wall LOL

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    It’s in my apt. It’s a 40 something inch... I mean I can build a shelf with no problem but when it comes to mounting a TV on the wall, but it to be actually able to stay on the wall LOL
    If you can't get anything in trade try those Geek guys at Best Buy. I hired them once when I needed a surround sound system professionally installed so I didn't have wires running all over the place. They got done in an hour what would have taken me a day to do. Well worth the $250 or so they charged. I would think mounting a TV bracket on a wall would be a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    If you can't get anything in trade try those Geek guys at Best Buy. I hired them once when I needed a surround sound system professionally installed so I didn't have wires running all over the place. They got done in an hour what would have taken me a day to do. Well worth the $250 or so they charged. I would think mounting a TV bracket on a wall would be a piece of cake.
    I never even thought about Best Buy. I’ve had my tv a yr or do, and only have it on a tv stand.. Amazon has the option for assembly when I buy the parts, a total of 90 something.. I may go that route. Or, just Incase a fuck up occurs, I may ask the building maintenance guy to do it. Lol

Verified Hobbyist BCD Xxxbustyhunter69's Avatar
    I mount 2 TVs at my place no problem it's not that hard it all depends on the weight mainly on that 40"

I’d go for the Amazon option, Cam. That way if it falls, you can blame them. Lol

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Mounting a TV bracket is pretty easy - just need a drill. Bracket should come with plastic drywall anchors or the spring loaded aluminum 'wings' that grip the drywall from the back side. Feel free to PM if you need more help!

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Thank you all for your suggestions! I actually had the maintenance man of my building mount it for me. Just in case something happens say it wasn’t me. LOL

I wouldn’t mount it on the wall. Get a 30” high TV cabinet. Set the TV on top on its stand. Mount cable box, Blueray player and other components inside the cabinet. No holes in the wall, shorter and concealed cable runs. The TV is at eye level, not mounted where you have look up all the time.
    New COED Theme Song!
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman
    Trollhide!

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ... Jimmy Buffett
    I could eat a Peach for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Oralist View Post
    I wouldn’t mount it on the wall. Get a 30” high TV cabinet. Set the TV on top on its stand. Mount cable box, Blueray player and other components inside the cabinet. No holes in the wall, shorter and concealed cable runs. The TV is at eye level, not mounted where you have look up all the time.
    Almost a month late, but thank u for ur suggestion. My building already comes with outlets for it to be mounted.