Thread: RIP the Queen of Soul

RIP the Queen of Soul

Aretha Franklin passed away this morning at the age of 76.

May she ride in her Pink Cadillac on the Freeway Of Love.
    Last edited by Agent220; 08-16-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Retired Site "Guide"
    And, have all the 'Respect' she so richly deserves. RIP

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Too bad she lost her fight to cancer. She was a legend in her own time. RIP
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    RIP Aretha. What a voice! You left behind a lot of wonderful music and fond memories.

James
    Loving life in Austin

Ironically thr King of Rock also died on this same day.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    While we are talking music royalty...Prince died April 21; Duke Ellington died May 24;
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

She was one of a kind. Definitely will be missed.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    An icon of my youth. I don't want to get too Madonna about it, and make it all about me. But I always thought the whole "Queen of Soul" thing was a bit of A&R hype, something Jerry Wexler might have thought up, and the story behind it would be really cool to know.

Still, it stuck and for a pretty good reason. The lady knew how to wail, a natural woman for sure, totally worthy of respect. There was no one else on her level, and she broke a lot of ground for those who came afterward.