Thread: Tamales...WHERE DEY AT?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Bald Bryan's Avatar

Tamales...WHERE DEY AT?

Tamale season is in full swing y'all....

So who has names to drop on where to get the goods? Looking for the no frills good ole "normal" pork style, sold by the dozen wrapped in foil. Beef, chicken, Jalapeno and all that fine too, but the "non organic" type with basically lard, masa, meat and foil is what I'm on the look out for.

All that fancy black bean and spinach whatever that you buy at Central Market is fine and dandy but who knows where to get the good ones?

If you know the name of a shop, a taqueria, a truck or whatever than PLEASE share the name and general location?

I see a yelp list that might have some good leads, but looking for fresh personal experience here?

Retired "hobbyist" - Current Content Creator - Always Looking For Shoots

>>>ONLYFANS<<<

Twitter

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    if you're willing to drive to Munger Place area, "La Popular Templates" is selling chicken, pork, chicken jalapeno, and bean jalapeno tamales for $16+tax.
    but only on mon, tues, wed afternoons. google them as they only have a FB page as of now.

i dont know about the lard bit, but i've been buying their tamales for 20+ yrs - prolly longer than i've been cavorting w/ providers (wonder if there's a provider willing to barter tamales for carnal delites :^}.
    i was raised on tamales in san antonio and these are some of the best i've savored in dallas area.

disfrute!!!!
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Bald Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
    i was raised on tamales in san antonio and these are some of the best i've savored in dallas area.
    This is the focal point of your testimony which has placed your recommendation on he radar. But assuming you're pointing me to "La Popular Tamale House"

I browsed the bad reviews but the negativity seems to be focused on location, operating hours, alternative style food options and none of that effects my willingness to patronize them.

Retired "hobbyist" - Current Content Creator - Always Looking For Shoots

>>>ONLYFANS<<<

Twitter

TamalerÃ*a Nuevo León
    2139 Buckingham Rd, Richardson, TX 75081

I have had the pork and chicken and they were awesome.
    "It is better to keep quiet and be thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and relieve all doubt"......Mark Twain