Thread: Won’t let me post reviews

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Won’t let me post reviews

Hi all,

It won’t let me post reviews. It keeps saying to add one character to my message. Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advance

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Contact CK,gfe or fancy they would be glade to help you.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    There have been technical issues for some fellows posting reviews. (Damn the glitch gremlins! Little buggers are difficult to exterminate once they dig in.) Apple products seem to be particularly twitchy with H2, and VPNs.

Best to PM ck1942 directly, OP, and tell him the type of device you're using, the browser, and whether or not you are in private mode.

A few gents have said when they previewed their reports first and THEN hit submit, they went through, so try that, please.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 07-30-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Also, per ck, try this:

If, when posting a review you get the dreaded 10 character rejection (or something else), please try posting the review first without the "hidden" comments, then edit the review to input those. Failing that, please try to post in a different city forum before reporting the issue to staff. (We can move it.) Include which forum(s) had the issues, please.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 07-30-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m having the same problem. It tells me the message is too short and to add at least 1 character.

Yep I've had two guys try and post reviews on my here on OH2 both from iPhones and It will not let them.
    I Was finally able to sign back iN
    Prebook/ No Last Second Appointments

NEXT AVAILABILITY
    **Austin Tx Dec 3rd/4th
    **Killeen Tx Dec 4th/5th
    **Houston Tx Dec 15th 16th
    **San Antonio Tx Dec 17th 18th

832-856-8682
    https://preferred411.com/P110747

Review posting problems seem to be a persistent pest difficult to duplicate under lab conditions, so therefore daunting to eradicate. See this discussion in the Tech Talk forum: https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthread.php?47353-Our-people-still-having-issues-posting-reviews

Last edited by Fancyinheels; 08-22-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Latest from our chief admin:

Quote Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
    Tech support has been working this issue which appeared after a shift in hosting platforms.

The review "gremlin" has no apparent pattern and strikes wherever and whenever at will.

Two workarounds:

-- post the review without the ROS; if successful, return to the review and edit in the ROS hidden portion

-- post the review in an entirely different forum than the one intended and staff can relocate the review accordingly.

Sorry, but that is the best we can offer at this moment.

Happy Hobbying!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Anandaman's Avatar
    I've had the same issues. I have worked through them as mentioned above by posting without the ROS, then editing to add that part.

A few other observations/tips:

1. It appears to be important when filling out the top part of the review (especially the Title, Activities and Physical description boxes) that these are brief and easily fit in the space provided in the boxes. IF the activities list, for example, has very many characters - anything inputted disappears and you cannot submit.

2. I have also taken to other's recommendations, which is to create the review in MSWord first. Then, I cut/paste that info into PM's that I send to myself as a 'test'. It appears it takes the formatted text and changes it/makes it work better in the OH2 format. I think the other advantage is to work in MSWord to get the review verbiage to be what you want in a 'friendly' and easily edited software.

3. I'm finding that in the "public" section, it works better to have only like two words when previewing or submitting (see comments below). I then edit and add any remainder into the "public" section by copying/pasting from the PM's that I send myself.

4. I am using the "preview" function first (before submitting) because it shows me that the formatting for the upper section of the review is working and being accepted. When it's working, it looks like a "tabulation" and NOT still like boxes awaiting information to be inputted. This is where I'm finding the problems with the title, activities and physical description being too long and need to be modified.

5. Once this is all looking ok, them I "submit" the review. I am finding that I can edit the review over and over without problems after it has been submitted.

I got the "must be longer than one character" message many times. My observations/theory is that has to do with the "public" section and the amount of words that are there. That's when I've been limiting the "public" section to like one or two words until it will take it. Then, all's good......

Pretty tedious process... I'm sure the computer geniuses who make this site happen will figure it out. I hope the above is helpful.

A'Man

Tech is still trying to resolve intermittent glitch gremlin problems with some (not all) reviews, but so many variables!

If nothing else works and you're still encountering stubborn review resistance, per our host admin, ck1942:

...You may use this template, and post it in the coed forum (remember to use the HIDE tags) and staff will relocated to the review forums.

We continue to work the template issue, and the workaround is just that, a workaround.

Companion's Handle:

Date of Visit:

Preferred Method of Contact:

Phone Number:

Email Address:

Website, Ad, or Profile URL:

City, State:

Type of Visit:

Was the Appointment On-Time?

Activities:

Scheduled Length of Visit:

Approximate age of Companion:

Hair Color and Length:

Smoking Status:

Ethnic/Racial background:

Companion Description:

Meet or Exceed Your Expectations??

Would You Recommend this Companion??

Public comments:

The rest of the story:

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I to have tried to post two reviews with no luck, both times I was told I needed more characters, I’m giving up.

As soon as I preview, the title and ROS go blank.

I know it's frustrating (is to staff, too, believe me, cursed gremlin glitches!), but no need to give up, please. Use the template in post #10 above, copy, paste, fill in the details, place the review in Coed, and we will move it. For ROS, use the HIDE button at the end of the panel of symbols on the Go Advanced edit feature of posts, and make sure all hidden BCD remarks fall within the tags.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 09-25-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Bump.

See my comment in The Locker Room.
    New COED Theme Song!
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman