Thread: Need a Mechanic willing to trade services to help with BMW

Verified Companion Companion Kitty L'amour's Avatar

Need a Mechanic willing to trade services to help with BMW

I am at the end of my rope with my current mechanic. Because he keeps me waiting day after day and I am suffering for it. I don't work and wait on him hour after hour when he tells me he is coming and doesn't show up.

My car is going into limp mode because it has a bad connection or ground wire. Nothing major is coming up on the computer. It goes into limp mode when I hit a bump or have to apply the breaks suddenly.

My mechanic keeps resetting the car and not fixing the reason it is happening and I am constantly getting stranded and waiting for hours/days for him to help me.

I am desperate to get my car fixed. I cannot afford to take the car to a BMW mechanic and them overcharge me and I can't afford to pay it and I lose my car behind it.

I'm really scared to death and it is not anything major wrong with my car. Yes I do need to replace the struts and the brakes but right now the important thing is getting it to stop going into limp mode so I can at least drive it without getting stranded.

Is there a mechanic who is willing to trade services or just charge me an affordable rate because I have paid the mechanic I have now hundreds of dollars for nothing but resetting the car and he has not fixed it.

I am at the end of my rope. Stranded at the moment, been waiting on the mechanic to show up all day long and it is now 9:30pm and I just want to cry.

Please call me at (817) 690-8115.

The car is a BMW Z4
    Kitty Lamour
    "The Original FreakDoll"
    New (682)250-9865 Number
    http://KittyLamour.com

Verified Hobbyist BCD OswaldBates's Avatar
    If nobody comes through, try asking for help on this forum.

In the post I linked to, limp mode might have been caused by a bad battery terminal connection or the battery getting too low and messing up one of the electronic modules.
    Baby, I'm Gonna Sine Your Pitty on the Runny Kine

Registered Male (Not Verified) Jaeger's Avatar
    Limp mode is also common for a failing catalytic converter… when the mechanic resets the computer it relearns and then fails again when it sees the cat is going bad. Also the above can cause it… bmws are very sensitive to electrical variances and a bad battery or ground at battery can cause same issues. Have a z3 myself…and been wrenching on it for 22 years… it’s not stock… lol.

Try lone star Bavarian in Fort Worth. They are cheaper then a dealer per hour. I have used them many years ago on my z3. Good shop. A lot of times they hire mechanics from autobahn bmw. Trent is a good guy. https://lonestarbavarian.com/

Reading the article above has me glad my z3 is still drive by cable and not wire.
    Last edited by Jaeger; 02-10-2022 at 01:59 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Trade it in and buy a Lexus BMW’s are a major pain in the ass! They also ride like a covered wagon! Overpriced!

Quote Originally Posted by zangwang View Post
    Trade it in and buy a Lexus BMW’s are a major pain in the ass! They also ride like a covered wagon! Overpriced!
    Agreed… except the covered wagon part… at least not mine… Toyota and Lexus are the only two brands I look at and drive daily.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Agreed… except the covered wagon part… at least not mine… Toyota and Lexus are the only two brands I look at and drive daily.
    Lexus being an up line Toyota. They are still two good lines…I would stay away from a CVT (continuously variable transmission) if you can. The industry as a whole still has not perfected that technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfeater View Post
    Lexus being an up line Toyota. They are still two good lines…I would stay away from a CVT (continuously variable transmission) if you can. The industry as a whole still has not perfected that technology.
    Agreed again. CVT is crap. And yes Lexus is just a “luxury” Toyota. Same company “technically”.

Hope you got your car troubles figured out OP.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    What year z4?

Ok guys here is the update on my Z4. My long term slave boy is an awesome mechanic and he drove all the way from McKinney area today to serve me... he has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion.

The problems were as follows. Bad battery connection first off and then he recalibrated the throttle sensor and my baby is back fast as ever.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE this car!!!! Lightning fast and Sooooo much fun to drive. I do not regret buying this car and plan on keeping it forever.

Screenshot_20220101-201135_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220101-194908_Chrome.jpg
    Kitty Lamour
    "The Original FreakDoll"
    New (682)250-9865 Number

Stupid drive by wire…

I wasn’t a fan of the Bengal designed Zs, but they have grown on me over the years. Still prefer my z3… and the whine from the supercharger lol. They are fun little go-karts to zip around in that’s for sure.

Glad you got it worked out!

Thank you, I am just glad it was able to be resolved inexpensively. And it was nice to have my car back so I can go anywhere I want to again. You will have to tell me about the supercharger on your Z3, that sounds fun. What other upgrades have you installed??
    Kitty Lamour
    "The Original FreakDoll"
    New (682)250-9865 Number

Waaaayy to many to list here. It’s a 2 time magazine car.