Thread: PS gamers

Verified Companion Companion Blaze's Avatar

PS gamers

So it started with little blips beginning of June. Ended up in a Safe Mode loop yesterday. I did what all the bloggers said to do, what the in the know peeps said to do on the PSN help forums. I downloaded, deleted, and downloaded the 5.5 update onto a flash drive, still NADA. I know the PS4 was doing something, but couldn't wouldn't download.

So I called Sony and the lady was quite nice, told her all that I had done and what led up to today. Got out of safe mode loop to safe mode menu and then,,, initialized it.

Now it says, "When you initialize your system, all settings and information saved on thePS4™ system are deleted. This process cannot be undone, so be sure not to delete any important data by mistake. Deleted data cannot be restored. Do not turn off the PS4™ system during initialization"

This I don't understand? I mean I guess we lost stored game data, and still in progress of downloading purchased plus free game downloads. But signing back into PSN all my PS4 and user settings are the same. Oh and I had to download Netflix and sign back into Prime. I did select to restore licenses, which I have no idea what that means exactly.

So PS1 and 2 we had memory cards. On our PS3 (BC) there is a virtual memory card slots and IDK exactly what PS4 does?

So how does one keep a backup of game play data to avoid what happened to me? I purchased a download of the Crash trilogy, but when I found out I could get a physical disk of Spyro on preorder,, you betcha I jumped on that! Two more months and I'm sooo excited!

So back to my question, how does one back up game play data externally from PS4? I'd look it up but then I couldn't increase my post count ; ) Also the reinitialization seems to have fixed my console.
    Its A Blaze! ~~ Natural Redhead ~~
    P411
    Please no reviews at this time, thank you.
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD redleg505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    So how does one keep a backup of game play data to avoid what happened to me? How does one back up game play data externally from PS4?
    External USB flash drive plugged into one of the USB ports on the PS4. You can save settings and game data to that as an emergency backup.

Or are you asking for the exact menu path on the PS4 to accomplish that?

Verified Companion Companion Suzanna Turner's Avatar
    I'm interested in knowing this too. Just purchased a PS4.
    Low volume, no revolving door guarantee!

*OKC, Lawton, & Norman!*

www.SuzannaTurner.com
    SuzyT4u@ProtonMail.com
    Twitter: @SuzannaTurnerOK

I've never had a reason to back up anything manually on my PS4 before. Now with the recent v5.5 firmware fiasco, I must learn. So with the twins being 5 and just starting to game, Ive created a profile for them and trying to teach them to go to their profile when they want to play.

But only I have an account with PSN. The way the profiles have to be set up confuses me, don't understand why I can't have a baby profile with parental setting just for it?

Then (No I have looked) are there data files for each game under each profile? That way I could cherry pick to backup.
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD redleg505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    I've never had a reason to back up anything manually on my PS4 before. Now with the recent v5.5 firmware fiasco, I must learn. So with the twins being 5 and just starting to game, Ive created a profile for them and trying to teach them to go to their profile when they want to play.

But only I have an account with PSN. The way the profiles have to be set up confuses me, don't understand why I can't have a baby profile with parental setting just for it?

Then (No I have looked) are there data files for each game under each profile? That way I could cherry pick to backup.
    Hmmm, I "think so"..I have to log in to MY profile to play any games. My PSN account is set up under my profile and all that so you should be able to find game back up files separately under each user profile on the PS4.

The reason I said "think so" is... I only have one user profile on my console since I'm the only one that plays it, so I am not positive about how additional profiles work exactly.

Well it's been a total cluster fuck all evening long. Right now I'm freaking stuck in restart loop. I click shut down, it goes to black screen then eventually reboots telling me the console wasn't properly shut down RAWR! I wants to go to bed..

Down detector has mostly complaints of the PSN being glitchty tonight. I concur, logged me out against my gamer will twice. Then it says I'm logged in. Games will display on scroll bar, disappear, then come back. I lost one saying data corrupted. Just not sure what game it was lol.

I think if I can get this shut down, im gonna unplug it and do a factory reset with software. I'm tired of this... Then I think I will slowly add back purchased games, like waiting until each has fully downloaded before the next. Warranty is up, maybe I should Crack it open and give it a vacuum?

Ha ha, I think maybe I should hook up the PS1 in the Livingroom. They can play fogger or pacman. I wonder if they make HDMI to what ever those hookups are on the PS1 and PS2. Our PS3 is staying put in my bedroom!
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Companion Companion Suzanna Turner's Avatar
    Has anyone tried the XIM Apex mouse and keyboard adapter? I am wondering how well it works...
    Low volume, no revolving door guarantee!

*OKC, Lawton, & Norman!*

www.SuzannaTurner.com
    SuzyT4u@ProtonMail.com
    Twitter: @SuzannaTurnerOK

@ST,,, you an online gamer? I not.

One of these days maybe I could get some Alienware *raises eyebrows*

Ohhh and FYI, think it's next Wednesday on CBS or CW,, 7 or 8pm, Girls of Gaming I thinks it's called.
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session