So it started with little blips beginning of June. Ended up in a Safe Mode loop yesterday. I did what all the bloggers said to do, what the in the know peeps said to do on the PSN help forums. I downloaded, deleted, and downloaded the 5.5 update onto a flash drive, still NADA. I know the PS4 was doing something, but couldn't wouldn't download.

So I called Sony and the lady was quite nice, told her all that I had done and what led up to today. Got out of safe mode loop to safe mode menu and then,,, initialized it.

Now it says, "When you initialize your system, all settings and information saved on thePS4™ system are deleted. This process cannot be undone, so be sure not to delete any important data by mistake. Deleted data cannot be restored. Do not turn off the PS4™ system during initialization"

This I don't understand? I mean I guess we lost stored game data, and still in progress of downloading purchased plus free game downloads. But signing back into PSN all my PS4 and user settings are the same. Oh and I had to download Netflix and sign back into Prime. I did select to restore licenses, which I have no idea what that means exactly.

So PS1 and 2 we had memory cards. On our PS3 (BC) there is a virtual memory card slots and IDK exactly what PS4 does?

So how does one keep a backup of game play data to avoid what happened to me? I purchased a download of the Crash trilogy, but when I found out I could get a physical disk of Spyro on preorder,, you betcha I jumped on that! Two more months and I'm sooo excited!

So back to my question, how does one back up game play data externally from PS4? I'd look it up but then I couldn't increase my post count ; ) Also the reinitialization seems to have fixed my console.