Thread: Class action lawsuit against PayPal for freezing accounts and keeping the money

Class action lawsuit against PayPal for freezing accounts and keeping the money

I've never used PayPal for hobbying, but I've heard some horror stories in the past about ladies having a bunch of money "frozen" and never getting it from PayPal. I think most ladies know not to use it now, but if anyone has lost money to PayPal like this, I thought this article would be interesting: https://www.engadget.com/paypal-laws...073128563.html

Registered Male (Not Verified) 3.141<Brot<3.142's Avatar
    A little old place where we can get together.
    I am surprised they are even still around. Have to be living off of eBay transactions and that train wreck.

I do hope Elon goes to Mars.

Verified Companion Companion Kitty L'amour's Avatar
    Very interesting... Paypal makes me want to throw up. I learned the hard way with them. I agree most ladies have learned but there are still slobbiest guys out there still trying to get over with it. Why??? (They allow instant chargebacks.) THEN, when you try to dispute it... they freeze your account! I got fucked three times! And NOT in a good way...

Lena Evans, one of the plaintiffs who'd been a PayPal user for 22 years, said the website seized $26,984 from her account six months after it got frozen without ever telling her why. Evans had been using PayPal to buy and sell clothing on eBay, to exchange money for a poker league she owns and for a non-profit that helps women with various needs.

Fellow plaintiff Roni Shemtov said PayPal seized over $42,000 of her money and never got an acceptable reason for why her account was terminated. She received several different explanations when she contacted the company: One customer rep said it was because she used the same IP and computer as other Paypal users, while another said it was because she sold yoga clothing at 20 to 30 percent lower than retail. Yet another representative allegedly said it was because she used multiple accounts, which she denies.

Shbadan Akylbekov, the third plaintiff, said PayPal seized over $172,000 of his money without giving him any explanation why the account got limited in the first place. Akylbekov used the account of a company his wife owns to sell Hyaluron pens, which are needle-less pens that inject hyaluronic acid into the skin. After the money disappeared from the account following a six-month freeze, PayPal allegedly sent his wife a letter that says she "violated PayPal's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) by accepting payments for the sale of injectable fillers not approved by the FDA." It also said that the money was taken from her account "for its liquidated damages arising from those AUP violations pursuant to the User Agreement."