Thread: Verified Hobbyist?

Verified Hobbyist?

What does this mean? Are there two different levels of hobbyist on here? Are there ones who simply joined and they have no verification or been vouched yet? Does the verified hobbyist status mean they have been vetted?

It was a bit confusing today when I was getting requests from gentleman here and from the other site. I’m sure it’ll all get streamlined in time.

I hope I’m making sense in what I’m asking. In other words, if a verified hobbyist contacts me do I assume he’s been vetted? I would obviously screen to my comfort either way, but just curious.

A Verified Hobbyist is a hobbyist who has been vouched for by at least two Verified Companions. Yes, you might call it a vetting process. Only the verified members here are able to enjoy the full benefits of this site.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Verified Hobbyist ^^^ as Mokoa outlined but only confirming a session, nothing more.

Obviously all in the hobby should do their own research and vetting and vouching before engaging.

Hobbyist BCD LITE - a hobbyist who has earned bcd/ros access by posting accredited reviews (the process is in process and not yet finalized)

Registered (not verified) - usually a new member still in his/her initial "breaking in" stages or a member who has regressed from verified status. (verified status is a continual process rolling forward) The intent is that ourhome2 is an "active" hobbying community in which the objective is that members hobby frequenly enough to be considered "active."

Registered - not validated - a member with only limited access due to a lack of progression past the break-in stage or regression from verified status.

Registered - not yet validated - a newly registered member

And a few other classifications, such as Inactive, etc.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Registered - not validated
    How do we get verified. I have on 411 but trying to see how to on here

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Do hobbyists have to 'validated' before being able to start a thread in ISO?

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFWAV8R View Post
    Do hobbyists have to 'validated' before being able to start a thread in ISO?
    Nope. Thread away, lusty lad.
    -- FIH/staff