Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Shiba Inu

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill832 View Post
    How about that 45% drop in bitcoin over 2 months....
    Without a two way on it, it'll remain the most volatile tech esque position to manage. Everything is getting murdered, rightfully so. Progressively buy in, just I think the depth has a ways to go.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I get it with people wanting to invest in something to make some gains over a period of time. But, for me at least, unless I can afford to absorb such losses, I'm not touching it. I've been watching it and participating a little here and there on the small stuff. But this reminds me of the Enron and Dot Com crashes. Both were overly inflated due to a lot of...well, lies.., they looked unstoppable and people were millionaires on paper until shit crashed. Then they were broke. I saw it when I lived in Austin with the Dot Com. I knew a number of people who were rich on paper and ended up living on a friends couch a few months later. Me? I see the digital currency market much the same as Enron and the Dot Com bubble and it being unregulated makes it a bit worse.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I get it with people wanting to invest in something to make some gains over a period of time. But, for me at least, unless I can afford to absorb such losses, I'm not touching it. I've been watching it and participating a little here and there on the small stuff. But this reminds me of the Enron and Dot Com crashes. Both were overly inflated due to a lot of...well, lies.., they looked unstoppable and people were millionaires on paper until shit crashed. Then they were broke. I saw it when I lived in Austin with the Dot Com. I knew a number of people who were rich on paper and ended up living on a friends couch a few months later. Me? I see the digital currency market much the same as Enron and the Dot Com bubble and it being unregulated makes it a bit worse.
    I see that with cryptocurrency and some of the high rated growth stocks, but not with Bitcoin or the blue chip stocks, and a much lesser degree Ethereum.Everything in the growth is getting destroyed and will continue for a bit until the market has a little more clarity on what the fed will do.

Fundamentally, not investing what you cant afford to lose is the proper approach.

Verified Companion Companion Anna Nikkole's Avatar
    How about that 45% drop in bitcoin over 2 months....
    They say it's time to buy. I am too anxious about Crypto. Lots of my clients do it.

I wish I would have put 1000 in Bitcoin in 2010. Hindsight 2020

Houston April 28- May 6. (pre booking suggested) Be sure to friend request me to keep up with my travels xoxo
    LOCAL RATES 200/HH,300/HR,400/90MINS,500/2HRS

Contact 512-300-7300 or The2ndanna@gmail.com

500+ videos on Onlyfans.
    https://onlyfans.com/annanikkole
    NO reviews. Thank you!

Verified Companion Companion Anna Nikkole's Avatar
    I agree. I don't have extra after bills and some other investments. I wish I had enough for multiple investments, I really don't. And thinking by the time I do they will have crashed and they won't be the popular thing anymore. Like I missed that train!

What do you think about index and mutual funds?

Houston April 28- May 6. (pre booking suggested) Be sure to friend request me to keep up with my travels xoxo
    LOCAL RATES 200/HH,300/HR,400/90MINS,500/2HRS

Contact 512-300-7300 or The2ndanna@gmail.com

500+ videos on Onlyfans.
    https://onlyfans.com/annanikkole
    NO reviews. Thank you!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    If you're looking for some boring concervative investment advice, just set aside $X/month(or year) and invest in Berkshire Hathaway. BRK.B specifically.

They're a conglomerated that owns everything from investment banks to real estate property to soft drinks to car companies. They're well-managed and tend to perform in between the DOW and S&P year over year. Getting in the neighborhood of 7-10% annual returns is standard. But barring some kind of crazy growth year like 2020, you're not going to get Bitcoin scale returns.

If you're looking for something more exciting, just know you're taking on more risk. ARK Innovations ETF (I've sometimes heard referred to as The Ultimate YOLO by investor buddies) has a ton of leveraged stakes in tech companies like Tesla, Zoom, and Coinbase. Incidentally, the NASDAQ slump has it down nearly 50% from its peak. So if you're looking to gamble, that's not a bad place to start. But there's also a change the Fed interest hike fucks the entire FinTech sector and sends that ETF into the toilet.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhobbyist25 View Post
    If you're looking for some boring concervative investment advice, just set aside $X/month(or year) and invest in Berkshire Hathaway. BRK.B specifically.

They're a conglomerated that owns everything from investment banks to real estate property to soft drinks to car companies. They're well-managed and tend to perform in between the DOW and S&P year over year. Getting in the neighborhood of 7-10% annual returns is standard. But barring some kind of crazy growth year like 2020, you're not going to get Bitcoin scale returns.

If you're looking for something more exciting, just know you're taking on more risk. ARK Innovations ETF (I've sometimes heard referred to as The Ultimate YOLO by investor buddies) has a ton of leveraged stakes in tech companies like Tesla, Zoom, and Coinbase. Incidentally, the NASDAQ slump has it down nearly 50% from its peak. So if you're looking to gamble, that's not a bad place to start. But there's also a change the Fed interest hike fucks the entire FinTech sector and sends that ETF into the toilet.
    Such extremities but could just invest in a basic s&p index fund with low fees.

Don't disagree with investing in BerkB or ARKK, but so many options.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    yeah, index funds are pretty good investments, but boring. I'd not just buy one, though. Diversification is important. Maybe put equal amounts into the following:
    US Growth, US Value, US MidCap, US SmallCap, International Developed Markets, International Emerging Markets, and if you want US Real Estate.
    Although, at the current time, I'd hold off on MidCap & SmallCap until the market settles out a bit more.

Vanguard and/or iShares are pretty low cost ETFs.

Rebalance annually if/as needed. Continue to buy as frequently as you can (and can afford). This will cost-average your positions.

Once you have a core portfolio established, then you can look at individual stocks/crypto/etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4