Thread: Elon Musk - Austin Bound!!!!

Retired Companion

Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
    This thread is about Elon Musk

ew

!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I'd like to say that Elon Musk does not consider Austin his home. Boca Chica is his home. He's crashing at a friend's when he stays in Austin. He said he drove from his friend's to GigaTexas at the Tesla annual meeting last Thursday using AutoPilot on his car.

Just because Elon spends a fair amount of time in Austin doesn't mean he lives here.

Another reference: https://people.com/home/elon-musk-se...ifornia-homes/ Whether you want to infer that he's Austin bound from that is your call.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Well, he hates CA because they put the state under lockdown including the Fremont Plant and he told his workers to ignore that and get back to work (sound familiar?); CA DOL just hit him with a $137 million fine for race discrimination; He's under investigation by NHTSA for fatalities related to his "autonomous driving" feature that can't recognize stopped emergency vehicles or semi trucks in the road, and he's under several SEC investigations for his tweets inflating the value of his stock on features that are never quite delivered. I think he'll fit in just fine in TX. Governor, that's small beans. If he greases the right palms this state will officially name him God.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Groovy Johnson's Avatar
    " I wish he would run for mayor".

Let's see if she closes her own thread for her own comment.
    Vaccinated
    Vajitarian

Registered Male (Not Verified) Shmafty's Avatar
    I used to respect Elon Musk a lot for his unrepentant innovation, and I still do to a degree. But there are times when I can't help but wonder if he's starting to go a little Howard Hughes-y on us...

Retired Companion
    Really Groovy? There is a difference between a statement and a discussion. Anyway - Elon is not running for any office ---yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Johnson View Post
    " I wish he would run for mayor".

Let's see if she closes her own thread for her own comment.

This...

I wish he would run for mayor
    Is moving the discussion into the realm of politics. Let's stay away from that, OK?
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

BANNED! SPAMMER!
    It’s just another large business moving to the Austin area creating more jobs. Of course nobody wants to work anymore, so it probably won’t be as big for new jobs as it has been in the past.

Elon Musk is funny. I made pretty good money on GME when I watched him pump and dump. He pumped and dumped Bitcoin and then pumped and dumped GME. Elon is very good at identifying things that people like, especially technology wise, and then finding an angle to make money off of it. Unless you are in the 1% of the 1% Elon is not playing on your team and you mean nothing to him. There is a space race going on between the ultra-wealthy because the first person to mine bodies within our system will make Elon's money look like pocket change. I think it is really weird that poor people worship billionaires. Below is an interesting link to scroll through.

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD77 View Post
    Elon is very good at identifying things that people like, especially technology wise, and then finding an angle to make money off of it. Unless you are in the 1% of the 1% Elon is not playing on your team and you mean nothing to him.
    Spot on. He knows he is followed by many esp the younger folks w dreams ' who all want to be like Elon' and I can see how many even older folks can identify with a nice young man who is living the dream and quite intelligent. His following is much more 'cultist' than for a real reason; his followers like him and his money yet Elon loves the folks MONEY who ' make him rich' but as to those people themselves they are pawns on a chess board. He simply doesn't care about them. Most of his ' followers' don't have a pot to piss in anyway and yeah; he cares nothing about them. So any thoughts of Jetson like taxis flying over Austin or Hippies replaced with suits and ties w $1M jobs plus for all etc is nothing but silliness. A few years ago another guy ( sorry, forget his name) was also a cult figure and was also a businessman who used others admiration to achieve his goals but ultimately he turned out to be a loser.

Retired Companion
    Why would anybody think that Elon cares about people? He doesn't. That's hysterical. I would never think that. He is the richest man in the world and able to do things that "normal" people can't do. He is the founder,CEO and Chief Engineer for Space X. Not many mere mortals can say that!!! And the bottom line is you can do more things with money than without it. Sometimes people are jealous of people who have large amounts of money. I never understood that. If you make lots of money - good for you!!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Green Eyed Shy Guy's Avatar
    At least Elon isn't orange.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
    Why would anybody think that Elon cares about people?
    When it comes to the accumulation of wealth and those who make ( made) him rich he gives a shit only about himself however caring about people is not the same thing. Apples to oranges. Not sure where you get that he doesn't care about people, fact or a random thought pulled from thin air? His charitable donations are well documented so his caring falls in the fact column. Much like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mike Bloomberg the list goes on; Forbes as well. All known for donating massive money to ' people'; Elon included.

Yeah, admittedly some may have egos, might be arrogant perhaps selfish in ways but at the end of the day these folks gave money to charities and lots of it... Perhaps these contributions in odd ways benefit him too but much like Gates, Elon strives to better humanity and life on this planet obviously the guys does care but if you bought a Tesla or shares in his stock one shouldn't hold their breath for the thank you note; it ain't coming...

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
    When it comes to the accumulation of wealth and those who make ( made) him rich he gives a shit only about himself however caring about people is not the same thing. Apples to oranges. Not sure where you get that he doesn't care about people, fact or a random thought pulled from thin air? His charitable donations are well documented so his caring falls in the fact column. Much like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mike Bloomberg the list goes on; Forbes as well. All known for donating massive money to ' people'; Elon included.

Yeah, admittedly some may have egos, might be arrogant perhaps selfish in ways but at the end of the day these folks gave money to charities and lots of it... Perhaps these contributions in odd ways benefit him too but much like Gates, Elon strives to better humanity and life on this planet obviously the guys does care but if you bought a Tesla or shares in his stock one shouldn't hold their breath for the thank you note; it ain't coming...
    Good to point out the charitable donation bit. Be it a tax write off or not.

There are those that make their money and those that take the money. Admire the former and two shits to the latter.

With the current "space race", some times it seems to me that the fat cats are doing anything to line their pockets and once they make this place an irreversible dump, they are going to leave the little people and go set up stakes on some off world place they've squirrelled away the $$$ to.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Charitable donations are often tax write offs. Don't conflate charitable donations with being a decent person. If you are sitting on a mountain of bread while everyone around you is starving that is close to the definition of being a terrible person. Philanthropy used to be a thing amongst the wealthy. Now it is wealth accumulation. Look at the website I linked for a visual of what that wealth looks like. I am in the top 1% of the world and so are many of you because clean drinking water is too often a luxury and so is a full belly. Wealth at Elon's level could be used to solve many of the world's problems. I still don't understand billionaire worship especially by those that muck about in the trenches

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2