Thread: Good places to stay while in Oklahoma?

Good places to stay while in Oklahoma?

I'll be making a trip through Oklahoma then moving onto Denver.
    What are some good locations to stop?
    I'll be getting a hotel for a few days as I'm doing a road trip with my puppies!!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    My place.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    Predictable.. ;-)

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Here you go!!

There used to be a thread somewhere that answered this question specifically and was very useful.... I just can't remember where it is... would it be completely inappropriate to post a link to that thread?? Maybe I can cut & paste....be right back!

Or, you could just stay at DaBunkhouse...

Found it!!

"Here's a standard blurb we have for the OKC area.

Along I-35 from SE 89 to SE 15 are budget hotels and lean toward blue collar workers (ie. construction workers) These hotels are also known to be havens for....well, you know.

Meridian and I-40 is just north of the airport and is the predominate Hotel row in the city. Business people galore and it is about 5 miles from "Bricktown" the entertainment district of OKC and the Basketball arena. Budget hotels and 4 stars can be found here as well as lots of restaurants and is reasonably pedestrian friendly. Stay south of I-40 but north of the airport hotel. North of I-40 is near strip clubs and LE watched. The airport hotel is isolated and has nothing nearby it.

Bricktown and Downtown: New Upscale hotels and classic remodeled historic hotels. Parking sucks but walking friendly and the nightclubs rock! If in Bricktown, you must walk the canal. The Land Rush Monument on the south end has blown away every visitor I have taken there. It is a must see. FYI, the Bricktown Hotel is at a truck stop and not in Bricktown and is a sucker buy for travelers that think they are getting a bargain in Bricktown.

NW Expressway had the Marriott, but its been converted to The Tower. There are various other upper end and luxury hotels with nearby shopping mall but is spread out. Parking friendly and 5 to 7 miles from downtown but car transportation is a must.

Quail Springs/Edmond Area. North side of town. Various Nice hotels, nearby shopping mall. Spread out but is Parking friendly and is considered a wealthier side of town. 10 miles from Bricktown.

122nd and I-35. Where the Turnpike to Tulsa and I-35 meet. Handful of low, low'ish hotels located here. Four truckstops and is 9 miles from Bricktown. Good news is: you can be in Tulsa in an Hour and Fifteen minutes if the mood hits or in downtown OKC in 15."

Tulsa and OKC both have s lot to offer.
    Abaddon, CHANCELLOR
    GFE ACADEMY

Check out my blog at www.wolfpack.tips

Why follow the same old beaten pathway when you can blaze your own new trail instead?

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    quail Springs is best....mall food and nice hotels

enjoy!
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

Guest BCD
    Dallas4u is a great resource and I would consider her recommendations.

Sara I know we were not able to connect in Austin yet. Are you following me? JK, safe travels and hope you enjoy your okie stay. Depending on our travel plans, hope to make a connection soon.