Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about y'all from Texas ahead of Hurricane Ida 🙏

Retired Companion

Thinking about y'all from Texas ahead of Hurricane Ida 🙏

I browsed but didn't see a section for non hobby discussions in this area... if there is one, please move for me mods.

I just wanted to say I'm thinking about you guys ahead of Ida as it is looking like it's going to be a bad one. Please check in and let us know you guys and gals are doing OK!

Very Kind

I had to leave last night around 1am because it's cooler/easier to get through without a traffic jam.
    Thanks for the concern

Verified Hobbyist BCD Tadreeves's Avatar
    Stay safe everyone! You all are in our thoughts!!
    Young Jedi in this universe of hobbieists - this is my chi.:

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    All the toilet paper I hoarded for COVID is gonna get wet due to this crescent city WAP. Damn. lol

Thinking about leaving later the traffic is still very slow to be wasting gas.

Verified Hobbyist BCD albundy v2.0's Avatar
    Freaking storm is projected to come ashore in my backyard. So we hauled ass.
    Took me 13 hours to get to Houston. Usually only takes about 5-1/2. Traffic was a bitch on I-10.
    Eats Hot Pockets. Bangs Hooers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by albundy v2.0 View Post
    Freaking storm is projected to come ashore in my backyard….
    Took me 13 hours to get to Houston….Traffic was a bitch on I-10.
    Sounds better than getting caught up with no power or water for days. I Just hope you have something to go back to. It’s a shame you have to worry about storm damage and lowlife looters taking your stuff.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Retired Companion
    I just read it's now a Cat 4 with the strong possibility it could hit at a Cat 5. Omg!

I know it will be chaos for those for you who didn't evacuate but please check in and let us know how you're doing when you can.
    Last edited by Berry Skyes; 08-29-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Words seem inadequate at a time like this. I hope everyone is safe.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I have experienced 8 in my lifetime, with 2 in and under the eye... drove right into the Harvey aftermath to help. My heart goes out.
    Caution, beware of scammers and scumbags trying to take advantage, both sides. This is where the best, and the worst of humanity reveals itself.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Staging in lake charles tonite ..be headed east in the morning!!

I hope and pray that they can get the power on quickly, we don't need to suffer. I am lucky to be able to afford a generator but I think we will all suffer a lot of damage. Good luck and preserve life.

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Footfein00 View Post
    Staying in lake charles tonite ..be headed east in the morning!!
    Good to hear. I NEED ~POWER. Lol. You guys are our heroes right now. We are so honored for you and all the others coming from afar to help us.
    Thank you

Retired Companion
    I'm hearing from a friend in Assumption Parish and another friend in Houma the power may be off for up to a month? Wtf?? My friends in Houma lost 11 trees on their property. BIG trees. One fell on a mobile home on the property that was thankfully vacant and totaled it. The videos they sent me were insane.

I want to DO SOMETHING and feel so helpless because I can't get out that way. If anyone needs assistance that can be provided from here (Walmart GC, Cash App etc) inbox me. (Pleaaaaase don't drop your electronic pay links here publicly. )

Miss Water Co, You holding up alright? Not sure my texts earlier this afternoon went through or not

Thank you to Footfien for going the distance. You are what we all should strive to be.
    Last edited by Berry Skyes; 08-30-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    ^ Cell tower going in and out. Just getting your texts.
    Thanks,

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    There are folks there on the ground now, and folks here that want to help. Double Triple Expletive. Find a trusted funding source to contribute or receive...
    I am saddened.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast