Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Financial Questions?

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED!

Financial Questions?

Any ladies need answers to questions regarding basic finance, investments, retirement planning, debt management, estate matters, etc.? I have direct experience particularly in the areas of investments and estate management.

Do you need answers to the questions above but aren't ready to spend big money yet on attorneys, CPAs, and snake oil salesmen financial advisors? Trust me, I don't want your money.

PM me your number for a free 1/2 hour consultation. If you then decide that you want to continue the service then we can discuss future arrangements... *wink wink*.

Keep in mind that we are shifting away from the Industrial Age and moving ever so deeply into the Information Age. INFORMATION is the NEW currency in this NEW economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Securitized View Post
    Any ladies need answers to questions regarding basic finance, investments, retirement planning, debt management, estate matters, etc.? I have direct experience particularly in the areas of investments and estate management.

Do you need answers to the questions above but aren't ready to spend big money yet on attorneys, CPAs, and snake oil salesmen financial advisors? Trust me, I don't want your money.

PM me your number for a free 1/2 hour consultation. If you then decide that you want to continue the service then we can discuss future arrangements... *wink wink*.

Keep in mind that we are shifting away from the Industrial Age and moving ever so deeply into the Information Age. INFORMATION is the NEW currency in this NEW economy.
    That and Ideas
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

What's the word on the street?
    She's a kind girl, the kind I'd like to.......
    Details on P411
    MFC charter member

Quote Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
    It’s been very slow due to the rain

Last week was much better

Went over your head, I see.....
    Details on P411
    MFC charter member

Went over your head, I see.....
    Did you mean Wall Street?

Only mindless chatter sounds through Wall Street and none of it should affect you. Here's why:

1. Dow Jones Industrial Average is composed of 30 companies. Hence, the daily ups and downs of the DJIA only reflect the performance of those specific 30 companies whereas your personal portfolio may not include a single one of these DJIA companies.

2. The S&P 500 index, which contains the largest 500 American corporations by market cap, is more reflective of the overall economy than the DJIA, but it should also be ignored along with the DJIA. The reason it's not important is because the weighting of each company is based on market cap and your portfolio is likely weighted completely different then the S&P 500 composite. So, if the S&P 500 goes down 1% then you shouldn't expect your portfolio to mimic the same negative performance. However, if your core position is an ETF that tracks the S&P 500 then your portfolio performance will resemble the S&P 500's daily vicissitudes.

3. The same reasoning in regards to company weighting for the S&P 500 also explains why the daily ups and downs in the NASDAQ can be ignored.

Forget Wall Street. Instead, an investor should be paying attention to what's going on in the Chicago Board Options Exchange and I'm speaking specifically about what the 10-Year U.S. Treasury yield is doing. This yield WILL have a direct impact on the cost of consumer loans, credit card interest rates, mortgage rates, consumer spending habits, stock prices (P/E ratios), savings interest rates, etc. Also, higher yields often forecast future inflation so this can give you a head's up that things like groceries, gasoline, houses, cars, and consumer goods will likely get more expensive.

Verified Companion Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Securitized View Post
    Only mindless chatter sounds through Wall Street and none of it should affect you. Here's why:

1. Dow Jones Industrial Average is composed of 30 companies. Hence, the daily ups and downs of the DJIA only reflect the performance of those specific 30 companies whereas your personal portfolio may not include a single one of these DJIA companies.

2. The S&P 500 index, which contains the largest 500 American corporations by market cap, is more reflective of the overall economy than the DJIA, but it should also be ignored along with the DJIA. The reason it's not important is because the weighting of each company is based on market cap and your portfolio is likely weighted completely different then the S&P 500 composite. So, if the S&P 500 goes down 1% then you shouldn't expect your portfolio to mimic the same negative performance. However, if your core position is an ETF that tracks the S&P 500 then your portfolio performance will resemble the S&P 500's daily vicissitudes.

3. The same reasoning in regards to company weighting for the S&P 500 also explains why the daily ups and downs in the NASDAQ can be ignored.

Forget Wall Street. Instead, an investor should be paying attention to what's going on in the Chicago Board Options Exchange and I'm speaking specifically about what the 10-Year U.S. Treasury yield is doing. This yield WILL have a direct impact on the cost of consumer loans, credit card interest rates, mortgage rates, consumer spending habits, stock prices (P/E ratios), savings interest rates, etc. Also, higher yields often forecast future inflation so this can give you a head's up that things like groceries, gasoline, houses, cars, and consumer goods will likely get more expensive.
    I think that all makes sense except for the part about Wall Street not affecting us. Institutional investors make up about 70% of all stock trading volume despite only owning about 17% of all financial assets. That tells me that institutional money moves the market and the rest of us are just along for the ride.

That's why I like ETFs. I know I can't beat the market because I know that people who get paid millions usually can't so I'll just ride along knowing that I'm going to 'win' over time just by putting my money in.
    Tall, Slim Girlfriend for Hire
    Where in the World is Taylor Leigh? Dallas but look for me in Austin and Houston, as well.
    Review Policy: Tasteful Testimonials are Appreciated, Graphic Reviews are Not

Damn Miss Taylor!
    Pretty and smart.
    Details on P411
    MFC charter member

Verified Companion Companion
    Damn Miss Taylor!
    Pretty and smart.
    Thank you. Talking about finance is a lot more fun than actually working in finance
    Tall, Slim Girlfriend for Hire
    Where in the World is Taylor Leigh? Dallas but look for me in Austin and Houston, as well.
    Review Policy: Tasteful Testimonials are Appreciated, Graphic Reviews are Not

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Yo OP, this angle trying to get free pussy RARELY, RARELY works. The ladies see right through it. However, knock your lights out Bro.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by MsTaylorLeigh View Post
    I think that all makes sense except for the part about Wall Street not affecting us. Institutional investors make up about 70% of all stock trading volume despite only owning about 17% of all financial assets. That tells me that institutional money moves the market and the rest of us are just along for the ride.

That's why I like ETFs. I know I can't beat the market because I know that people who get paid millions usually can't so I'll just ride along knowing that I'm going to 'win' over time just by putting my money in.
    Institutional money moves the market in the short term but fundamentals (i.e. earnings) drive the market over the long term.

One of the great aspects of ETFs are the low management costs, especially when compared to active management funds such as mutual funds. The issue with ETFs is that the capital inflows push up the values of all the fund's underlying equities indiscriminately. This causes some equities to appreciate undeservedly and these will eventually have to correct to a lower valuation in the future, perhaps sharply.

I actually do beat the market frequently and one way I'm able to do it is by ignoring Wall Street's daily insanity. Warren Buffett, who many regard as the greatest stock investor of all time, works out of Omaha, Nebraska, thousands of miles from Wall Street. If anything, I think the distance helps him beat the Street.
    Last edited by Securitized; 06-22-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    Yo OP, this angle trying to get free pussy RARELY, RARELY works. The ladies see right through it. However, knock your lights out Bro.
    Don't you remember the first lesson in Economics 101? I think it was, "There's no such thing as free pussy".

Or maybe it was lunch...

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Smart girl. But don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Some individual stocks in your portfolio is also a smart option. Trading around a position when you find a stock that has a pattern if moving 10% to 15% range, buy a few hundred shares when it approaches the bottom of its range, then sell 50% of your purchase as it approaches the top, then when it goes back toward the bottom again, as it will, rebuy and repeat. Can make your over all return very healthy over time. Also look for "best of breed stocks that pay a nice dividend (4% or so, with a history of raising the dividend, reinvest dividends in that stock, over time, compounding will really pay off.

Verified Hobbyist BCD

I'm impressed, beauty and brains. That's hot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast